All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Peppermint cap Question
      #61900 - 04/16/04 12:10 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

I noticed that someone asked if they should take fiber and peppermint caps at the same time. I just recently recieved my acacia and have peppermint caps coming in the mail.....I am on hyoscamine right now which Im supposed to take 3 times a day but I usually just take it in the morning and before dinner. Since both hyoscamine (Levsin) and peppermint caps are antispasmadics - can I start taking the peppermint caps instead of the hyoscamine?? Can I take both at the same time?? What should I do? I would love to be able to get off my prescription! =) Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Peppermint cap Question new
      #61911 - 04/16/04 12:46 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - try using just one peppermint cap a day to replace one dose of the drug. See how this goes for several days, then try adding a second cap to replace another dosage. You can take the caps on an empty stomach an hour before a meal, or take right with the meal.

Then you can just try weaning off the drug altogether, and staying at 2 caps or even trying 3. I'd go slower with the caps though - I think they're actually stronger than the drug. You might need just one cap a day, or two, and at most three.

Play around here - you can also take the drug and caps at the same time. Neither will interfere with the other, and you won't end up with your gut too relaxed.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 355

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review