All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Miracle Whip uh oh?
      #61701 - 04/15/04 10:25 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hmm, I was just looking at my container of Miracle Whip lite today and noticed that it has egg whites and egg yoke in it...does that mean it should be off-limits? It's fairly far down on the list of ingredients so I would assume there isn't a lot in it, but if it is a no-no, can anyone suggest a mayonnaise that doesn't have egg yolk for me?
Thanks!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Miracle Whip uh oh? new
      #61757 - 04/16/04 07:00 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hmm... I'm okay with the small amounts of egg yolks in mayonnaise. Plus I don't use that much. But they do carry Vegan mayonnaise at health food stores... I believe it's actually called Vegannaise! There are probably other brands too. And a third option is to make your own. I posted a yummy tofu mayo recipe on the index you might like. I think there's another one there too.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Try fat free Miracle Whip or fat free mayo. -nt- new
      #61917 - 04/16/04 12:57 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Miracle Whip uh oh? new
      #61974 - 04/16/04 03:19 PM
howiesbuttercup

Reged: 08/20/03

Kree, your mayo recipe sounds great but could you substitue dry mustard for the dijon mustard, do you think? I'm allergic to vinegar and its in regular mayo, miracle whip, and mustard. Does the vegan mayo have vinegar in it? Thanks!

Shari

Re: mustard and vinegar in mayo new
      #62018 - 04/16/04 05:04 PM
KellyAndersson

Reged: 03/24/04
Loc: N.California

Yes, you could substitute dry mustard for the dijon. And if you can't use vinegar, you can use lemon juice. I especially like mayo with lemon juice and horseradish.

Re: mustard and vinegar in mayo new
      #62029 - 04/16/04 05:32 PM
howiesbuttercup

Reged: 08/20/03

Thanks! I'll try it. I hate having to eat everything dry coz I can't eat mayo, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce or salad dressings. Guess I need to start looking for recipes that I can adapt and make my own dressings. Just being lazy, easier to complain than to do something about it! LOL

Shari

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6098 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1011

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review