All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Had an awful day...
      #61276 - 04/14/04 07:09 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Today was just terrible Woke up feeling fine and headed off to work, and got a terrible attack of D out of nowhere while I was at work, and couldn't even make it to the bathroom on time Now I'm really upset and embarressed, and I know I shouldn't be because it's a medical thing and it can happen, but still it was really stressful and upsetting for me. There was no warning, no cramps or anything, so I dont really know what happened?
I've personally never had D without some sort of accompanying cramps or anything.
I was wondering, because it doesn't hurt and I feel ok (in fact I'm even hungry) would it still be good to go back to the what to eat when you can't eat anything diet just because I had D? I normally would without question, but I've been really tired lately and just found out I'm anemic and haven't started my iron supplements lately, so I'm trying to at least get some chicken or tuna or something with a bit of iron/protein into me each day, and don't really want to stop.
Any advice would be great...hope everyone else is having a good tummy day

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Had an awful day... new
      #61281 - 04/14/04 07:19 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hi Kelly,

Sorry to hear you had a hard day. Thats strang...now warning! I think you need to do what feels right for your body. Maybe go easy the rest of the night and see how your doing tomorrow. I maybe eat things that are a little safer for dinner and breakfast tomorrow. Maybe it was a one time thing!

Wish I could be of more help to you! Good luck and I really hope your day goes better tomorrow!

--------------------

#61330 - 04/15/04 06:25 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey Kelly...

That sucks that you had a D attack with no warning like that. I've had that happen to me too and it's the worst!!

If your tummy is feeling fine then I'd say to keep eating the tuna, etc. maybe just a little less of it for a day or two. If your iron is low then that's what I would do.

Hope you're feeling better soon!!

#61649 - 04/15/04 05:18 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Some chicken should be fine. Chew slowly and make sure you have soluble fiber first.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#61653 - 04/15/04 05:34 PM

Unregistered

This same exact thing has happened to me a few times--no warning. Once it was a virus and another time, it was because I ate raw spinach and lettuce (before I knew about IBS diet) Sorry you didn't make it to the potty. My heart aches for you. Hang in there!

#61717 - 04/16/04 01:37 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I find that as long as I avoid the triggers (dairy, insolubles, caffeine, high-fat, etc) then I'm fine keeping protein in my diet. Maybe you've got a tummy bug?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 744 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 649

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review