Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What triggered this attack?!
      #61203 - 04/14/04 03:35 PM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Hi everyone,
I just started getting excruciating abdominal cramps this afternoon. I'm trying to figure out what I ate that caused it. So far today I have eaten five arrowroot crackers, two cups of warm low-fat soy milk, some of Heather's New England Clam Chowder Soup (except w/ no clams or clam broth), and a couple of saltines, and a handful of Kix cereal. I have also had ginger tea and have chewed on some crystallized ginger bits. The only thing I can think is that maybe it's that there is some ground up insoluble fiber (onions) in the soup that I made and that is all I have done differently the past two days is eat the soup. Also, yesterday I had a long day and went shopping w/my aunt...hmm..I also had a migraine and had to take aleve last night and this morning. What do you think? Could it be the aleve or the insoluble fiber (up until yesterday I was eating "what you can eat when you can't eat anything") but yesterday all i added was the soup. Hmmm..I"m stumped. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks, hope your tummies aren't acting up!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What triggered this attack?! new
      #61219 - 04/14/04 04:45 PM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

awwww, Tara! I feel so bad. I feel somewhat close to you, and when you hurt, I hurt Sometimes IBS can trigger itself, evem if you are eating all the right things; I know that mine does. About the aleve....did you take it on a full stomach? I know that sometimes I can even take something like tylenol, and it will upset me if i take it aon an empty stomach. The last thing i think of is (and forgive me for being personal) but if you are around' that time of the month', your ibs can go out of wack...it does to everybody! Well, I sure hope youre feeling better, Tara. Please keep me updated on how youre feeling:D

#61230 - 04/14/04 05:10 PM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

Tarabara,
I'm too new at this to have an answer, but I do know I feel for you. I hope that you feel better soon.
Daisy

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

#61260 - 04/14/04 06:21 PM
tarabara04

Thank you so much for your concern You're super nice My tummy is a little better right now, so I"m crossin my fingers! HOpe you are well!

--------------------

#61264 - 04/14/04 06:29 PM
tarabara04

Hi Lyndeigh,
I know we just like know eachother over this message boards but you are totally like the best friend ever You're so understanding and I feel like we have shared so many experiences..lol. Too bad the experiences have been painful ones..lol. Anyhow, I took the aleve on a kind of full stomach (five arrowroot crackers and some warm soy milk). But I think it could have been a mix between the aleve, and that I did a little much yesterday even though I was already feeling kind of tired and stuff, and just b/c, like you said, IBS can trigger itself. Anyhow, thanks for your support! You're the best And don't worry about being "personal." It's not exactly close to that time of the month unless "that time" comes a tad bit early...which is always possible with me..lol . Thanks for your advice and support. My stomach is not quite as bad right now, I'm just going to try to take it easy for the night. OH! Tonight I start a second med to try to prevent my migraines. My fingers are crossed! Oh..maybe I'll email you sometime to give you the whole info about my dr's appt today...can I use the email on your profile screen? I don't want to if it's not ok w/you. Well, thanks for your concern. Maybe after some more tea and a restful night I'll be much better! Thanks for being the nicest person ever!!

--------------------

#61304 - 04/14/04 10:47 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Tara,

I am sorry you are not feeling well. I agree that there is not always a reason for an attack. I find when I have a migraine it effects all the rest of my body so that could have been why your stomach was acting up.

Hope you wake up this morning and feel much better.

Janey

--------------------
Janey

#61312 - 04/15/04 01:23 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'd go with it either being the Aleve or just the migraine. Whenever I get a migraine, my tummy goes haywire. Hope you're doing better soon! Good luck with the new meds.

#61464 - 04/15/04 11:01 AM
tarabara04

Thanks so much for your kindness! I think it could have been the migraine. It's funny though that this morning my IBS alternated from C to D. So I'm going to stick to "what you can eat when you can't eat anything" for a little while. Thanks for your support and advice!

--------------------

#61467 - 04/15/04 11:03 AM
tarabara04

Thanks Linz,
I think it could have been the migraine. THis morning I have alternated to IBS-D..lol. Oh well, I'm taking it easy and I'm sure (aka I hope )I'll be as good as new in no time at all! Thanks so much for your support and advice..I hope you are doing well!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6093 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1229

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review