All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Pregnant with IBS-question about Benefiber new
      #62661 - 04/19/04 02:14 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I am TRTYING to get pegnant, no luck yet. I asked Heather about Acacia and pregnancy and she told me it was fine but to CYA she said to check with the dr. I take Acacia now and plan to continue when I do get pregnant. My Internest said it was fine although I haven't asked my obgyn, but I can't see how it could hurt the baby in anyway.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnant with IBS new
      #62706 - 04/19/04 04:41 PM
Stephibush

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Michigan

Congrats! I had my third son August 4th last year. I found that while I was pregnant, my IBS was better but as a result for the Iron suppl. and Prenatal, you will get constipated. Dark stools are normal and I think it has a lot to do with supplements and meds. Sometimes I noticed that at the end anyway because I think it's your bodies way of getting ready for "clean-out." You will have more frequent stools at the end and even some diarrhea because the body is getting ready. Don't worry about that. It's not your IBS at that time. Make sure to drink your water and stay away from Senokot. Holy cow! I had the runs every time and it's a laxative that they recommend and the hospital would give me after the birth. I recommend Correctol which is gentle!! We don't need to have the IBS problem while we're trying to heal from birth!! Hope this helps and make sure to talk to your OB if you ever have concerns. None of your questions are ever stupid and it's better to be assertive than passive. They have heard and seen everything so communicate with the nurses and OB in your office. Good luck and stay hydrated this summer. The heat can get to you quickly!

#63379 - 04/21/04 09:54 AM
preggytummy

Reged: 04/14/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

Good luck to you! Is this your first? Have you just started out trying? I thought it was going to take forever with me because I only have one ovary, but it only took about 4 months. At the time it felt like forever but now it's gone by so fast! Anyway, I'm sure Acacia is fine. Isn't it a natural soluble fiber? I don't see how that could hurt the baby, no more affect it than metamucil(yuck!)

--------------------
~Jenny~

#63410 - 04/21/04 10:40 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yeah, this will be my first. This is the second month trying. I ovualted last Tuesday so I can do an EPT this Sunday! The wiating is killing me!! I really hope it doesn't take too long. Most people say 3-6 months. Silly me, I thought,"oh gee, I'll stop the pill one month and get knocked up the next!"

Acacia is just plain on soluble fiber, so it shouldn't hurt anything at all!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1082 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3536

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review