All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Cheeseburgers Tonight (Should I slam the Soy?) soy response 2 new
      #6186 - 04/16/03 01:13 AM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

sorry i posted when i wasn't done... soy is found in a LOT of foods. i'm sure you consume more than you know. the only thing that might cause soy to hurt you is a quantity amount. you'll have to compare with other products you already eat with soy to determine it.

i also use nayonaise as a substitute mayo which is a soy based spread, but vegan. i'd recommened it to those trying to reduce dairy and high fat like traditional mayo.

for a snack i made a yves mock ham slice sandwich tonight with nayonaise, and the good slice cheese on sara lee's new white bread. i am most satisfied with very little dairy. the nayonaise company also makes salad dressings that are vegan as well.

amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks Guys new
      #6188 - 04/16/03 02:25 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

I just want to thank you for all of your wonderful responses (and thanks queenie for the soy info) When the day comes, I'll probaly choose the soy boca. I mean if i choose the hamburger its almost guarenteed ill get d, if i choose the soy, theres a chance ill get d, but not guarenteed So I'll take my chances. Thanks again guys, it means so much that you care!

PS> Like queeenie said, i have probaly digested soy before wothout even knowing about it

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Edited by ConcreteAngel (04/16/03 02:26 AM)

Newest Update~Tonights the Night new
      #6348 - 04/17/03 03:17 PM
ConcreteAngel

Hey guys!
My mom finally is starting to understand and accepts the fact that i just cant eat ground beef. I convinced her that A) Ground beef upsets my tummy and B)I hate the taste of it
My mom is making cheesburgers tonight and gave me a choice of eathier Fish or Grilled Cheese for dinner. (she's not aware that milk bothers ibs, and i dont feel like trying to convince her about that right now, afterall it did take a long time to convince her of the beef alone) So needless to say, I chose the fish.
So praise the lord, no More ground Beef!!!! Hallejuah

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Yay! new
      #6349 - 04/17/03 03:24 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

That's fantastic Angela! I'm so happy you're finally getting some support!

Thanks Mags, I appreciate your support -nt- new
      #6351 - 04/17/03 03:30 PM
ConcreteAngel

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: UpDaTe! new
      #6353 - 04/17/03 03:33 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

Quote:

Jrs - what's the brand of burgers at TJ's? I go there about once a month when I'm in Modesto--a 1.5 hr trip for me because I live up in the mountains by Yosemite National Park. I've been buying Boca Burgers.

Sharon

The Champignon (mushroom) ones are the ones that I get. They're really quite tasty! They not made of soy (at least I don't think so), but just veggies.

Good stuff Angela -- it should make your life a little easier!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1205 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3519

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review