All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
UK fibre supplements - question for british folks!!
      #58683 - 04/07/04 05:05 AM
Sarah H

Reged: 02/08/04
Loc: Bristol, England

Hello,
Yay! I've finally found a doctor who is taking my IBS seriously and seems keen to help me try different things to sort it out, and she has reccomended me some soluble fibre supplements. The names she's given me are Fybogel, Celevac and Normacol, I don't know which to go for! Does anyone have any experience with any of these? I have done a quick search of the boards and it seems that Fybogel contains psyllium, I didn't get on to well with psyllium so I think I'll avoid that one. I'm mainly IBS-D, has anyone found any of these supplements helped them? Any information would be appreciated.

The IBS diet has helped me a lot but I'm looking to expand my diet more - I'm a vegan and so normally eat a lot of insoluble fibre foods (wholegrains, pulses, dried fruit, nuts etc.) to keep healthy, but these really don't help my tummy at all, does anyone know if taking a soluble fibre supplement will allow me to eat more of these again?

Thanks!
Sarah xx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UK fibre supplements - question for british folks!! new
      #58694 - 04/07/04 06:00 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I was on Fybogel and it did help me, but it also made me bloated. I now order Acacia from Heather. Never heard of the others, I'm afraid!

Taking the supplement after you're stable will let you eat a little insoluble fibre, but you're unlikely to be able eat as much as you used to. When you're stabilising, try making smoothiess and pureed soups to eat more veg - it'll minimise the insoluble fibre.

British folks!! new
      #58696 - 04/07/04 06:02 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I forgot to say!... Would you like to join a UK IBS support group? I want to start one up. Where do you live? Get your piccie up so we can see who we're talking to!

Re: British folks!! new
      #58786 - 04/07/04 10:26 AM
Sarah H

Reged: 02/08/04
Loc: Bristol, England

Hallo Linz, thanks for your reply , I would be interested in joining a UK support group, I live in Bristol, whereabouts are you?

Sarah x
ps - I'm a horribly unphotogenic person so I'll have to search for a nice pic first!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5785 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 862

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review