All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Waxing and waning
      #58268 - 04/05/04 08:12 PM
Carol D.

Reged: 03/26/04

Hi all,

Has anyone had a bad day of D and then 5 or 6 days of C? How do you get back on track? I take something for the D, and then I'm constipated. How do you break the cycle? Help!

Carol

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Waxing and waning new
      #58269 - 04/05/04 08:15 PM
FutureDoc

Reged: 04/02/04

The same thing happens to me! I never know what to do. I'm never happy. Usually I just end up eating something that I know will make me go... cause I can't stand to be C. But then I can't stand to be D either! So I don't know. Hopefully someone will have some good advice!

#58288 - 04/06/04 01:43 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I find that upping my Acacia dose helps to stabilise me.

Re: Waxing and waning (I NEED HELP TOO!!!!) new
      #58298 - 04/06/04 05:46 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

I was just going to ask this same question. Just finished days of D and then went into C. Three days and nothing. Then this morning one little one (hope I'm not grossing anyone out) and then started feeling nauseaus and dizzy. Don't know which is worse. Hope we get on an even keel soon. If I'm spelling it right I saw someone said Acacia. I don't know what that is as I'm new to the site (only 5 days or so. If you take this will it bother any other problems you might have like gerd, hiatal hernia or spastic colon. Also does anyone know if the peppermint or fennel tea help or hurt any of these problems. Wanted to try it but haven't as yet. Am still waiting for Heather's IBS cookbook to arrive so am going by what I read here. Hope you feel better also.

Re: Waxing and waning (I NEED HELP TOO!!!!) new
      #58301 - 04/06/04 05:59 AM
bz

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hi Patricia

The acacia mentioned is Heather's brand of soluble fiber that you can order from this website. A lot of people do very well with this. You must take some form of soluble fiber (acacia, citrucel, benefiber, etc.), this helps both C and D. It will not bother GERD (I have both IBS-D and GERD).

If you have GERD stay away from peppermint or citrus as it will aggravate it. Fennel and chammomile are fine and will help soothe your tummy.

Barbara

#58302 - 04/06/04 06:08 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hi there...

I'm sorry to hear that you're tummy isn't happy

I'm IBS-A so I know exactly how you feel!! Usually once I get C I up my fibre intake just a little. Taking a fibre supplement (like acacia, metamucil, etc.) WILL NOT cause D...but it will even you out so you're neither C or D but somewhere in the middle.

Are you currently taking a fibre supplement? If not then you should really start...you'll be amazed at the difference it makes!!

Good Luck!

Acacia new
      #58305 - 04/06/04 06:11 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Read about the benefits of soluble fiber here.

Read about (and order if you wish) acacia here..

PS: I'm not sure if I'm the only one on the board who has never taken Imodium for my "D" or not, but I've always steered clear just for the reasons you mention. Instinctively I feared it would make me "C." I haven't had either with any real force since I started my acacia, btw. (A little softness one day, maybe a little bit of a wait another day... but I consider myself stable right now.) I have even had TWO pre-period periods where I got no diarrhea at all! (It had been years since that happened, maybe never!)

Good luck!

--------------------

Re: Acacia new
      #58317 - 04/06/04 06:51 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Just wrote this morning about going from D to C. If I take Immodium when I have D it also causes me to get C plus terrible cramping. Will try the Acacia. Thanks!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1594 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1040

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review