All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Does anyone else have the constipation-type IBS? new
      #18517 - 08/25/03 03:49 PM
Angelface

Reged: 08/25/03

I have had IBS since I was a teenager. It has just become a part of my life again but this time it is so much worse. I am taking Zelnorm but I haven't seen improvement. I have been unable to work 5 days in a row since my surgery in May. I can only manage 2 1/2. I watch what I eat but sometimes I slip because I am a true lover of chocolate!

The pain is incredible, the gas - the bloating. I look as though I am 6 months pregnant. I have stupified most doctors and have all the tests done - results "normal".

I do have a question - does anyone have a fever when they are going through a major episode?

and is anyone currently in fear of losing their job because of their life with IBS?

Thanks and you guys have a nice day.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#18518 - 08/25/03 04:04 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - the fever is a red flag - this shouldn't happen with IBS. Have been checked for inflammatory bowel diseases and, especially, celiac?

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#18535 - 08/25/03 05:08 PM
Angelface

Reged: 08/25/03

No one has ever mentioned IBD nor celiac - I will read up on this and speak with my doc on Wednesday if it pertains. Thanks, A

#18603 - 08/26/03 10:39 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Hi - at a minimum, make sure they've done initial blood work to check you for these problems (especially celiac, which is very often overlooked for years). If your doc says celiac is too rare to test you for, insist or get a second opinion, as that assertion has been proven wrong in recent US research studies. You can check the research library for more info on both celiac and IBD.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: does EVERYONE have C? new
      #18776 - 08/27/03 08:08 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

When I came on board, it seemed like everyone here suffered from IBS-D. Now, it does seem like the pendulum has swung the other way. Maybe we're all eating too much soluble fiber!

Re: does EVERYONE have C? new
      #18862 - 08/28/03 10:51 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Nah, it just seems that way! Sometimes every post you see is D, sometimes they're all C. I think it's just the fluctuations of the posts.

Don't worry about the soluble fiber - too much won't make you D or C, it will just keep things balanced in the middle!

- H

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1591 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4516

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review