All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Another reason not to drink caffeine....
      #57700 - 04/04/04 08:51 AM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

Did you caffeine can stay in your system for up to 20hrs?! Just read that on WebMD last night and thought I'd share. This after I had been so bad and a soy latte yesterday and boy did I paid for it! Well, apparently it was out of my system, since I slept so long last night!!

--------------------
--Julie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Another reason not to drink caffeine.... new
      #57701 - 04/04/04 08:58 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Wow, that is scary. I had no idea caffeine stayed with you that long. Thanks for the heads up. And sorry your latte got to you! I had to give those up, and it was a VERY tough thing to do!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

I had suspected this... new
      #57716 - 04/04/04 10:35 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

because having caffeinated tea in the middle of the afternoon could keep me up all night long. It always seemed weird to me when I read that caffeine is supposed to leave your system in just a few hours - that just didn't sound right, and I thought I was some oddball exception. Then I read that some folks have bodies that are just sensitive to caffeine, and they don't excrete it efficiently, so it can hang around in their systems for almost a whole day. Suddenly I had an answer to the mystery. I was still an oddball, but at least there was a reason for why.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2018 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 339

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review