All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gallstones!
      #5409 - 04/08/03 05:06 AM
meg

Reged: 01/29/03

Well, I saw my OBGYN Wednesday and I asked him to send me to a new gastrointerologist and I also asked him if he'd order a gallbladder ultrasound, due to some right sided pain. He did this all with no problem, he's a great guy:) Anyway, I went for my gallbladder ultrasound Thursday morning and it seems that I have gallstones. This would explain SOoooo much really. I can eat NO fat, so this would be a good reason why right?!

At any rate, it's basically a shame that we can go around so sick for so many years and it takes an act of congress to get someone to take a look at something other than just the bowel. I mean, I would have thought they'd have checked my gallbladder out a long time ago, with my symptoms and all. I should have suggested it before now, but I had just kinda given up on doctors.

I was also wondering, does anyone here drink rice milk? Does it bloat you up? Does it have any side effects? I have some but am afraid it will bloat me up since it's made from brown rice. I can't eat brown rice. Well hopefully it won't bloat me up and I can drink some.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for constipation that doesn't involve oat or wheat products or citrucel or metamucil? I know, I'm diffictult to work with, but all these hurt my tummy. I've not "been" in 13 days today. Well I used a little warm water enema yesterday, but only had minor results, not enough to really count. Well thanks to anyone that can help me out here:)......

Meg

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gallstones! new
      #5413 - 04/08/03 05:31 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Meg,

I feel for you! I have a hard time with the docs myself--and nothing made me go (my doc put me on MiraLax, a laxative, which doesn't thrill me--taking it twice a day made me go...). I take my vitamins, eat by the diet, do yoga, drink lots of water, herbal teas, etc. and I still wasn't going. I don't know anything about gallstones--whata re the symptoms--and does that contribute to C? I'm sure other people on the board will have some solutions or suggestions--I just want to say I hope you feel better soon--and you're not alone! Take care!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#5423 - 04/08/03 07:36 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

How soon can you have those gallstones taken care of? Will it require surgery? I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad.

I know how it feels to not go for awhile, yuck! As far as fiber that doesn't involve oat or wheat products or citrucel or metamucil, have you tried Benefiber? It is guar gum...

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#5447 - 04/08/03 10:25 AM
meg

Reged: 01/29/03

I'm not sure when I'll get the gallbladder taken care of. I just know I need some relief and the sooner the better.

I've never even heard of the Benefiber...Maybe I'll give it a shot:) Thanks....Meg

Re: im getting gallstones checked soon!-nt- new
      #5468 - 04/08/03 12:52 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 330 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 720

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review