All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Coral Calcium
      #5408 - 04/08/03 04:42 AM
joylyn44

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Ohio

I was wondering if any of you have taken Barefoot Coral Calcium and if so, did you have any problems taking it? I took 2 of them and was sick for a week. I'd like to think it was something else that made me feel so bad because from what I've heard and read about it, it is very good to take, but I didn't eat anything different that could have made me sick.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Coral Calcium new
      #5411 - 04/08/03 05:16 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I've never heard of Coral Calcium....I take Calcium Citrate and Magnesium Citrate together. I have IBS C and so Calcium can just make that worse! But the magnesium balances it out (calcium stops you and magnesium helps you go...so they're a perfect balancing act together)! I hope this helps--and I hope you feel better soon!

Btw, did it make your tummy upset, make your IBS worse (IBS C or D?)

Always,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#5418 - 04/08/03 07:07 AM
joylyn44

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it did make my IBS C/D worse, lots of cramping and pain.

#5442 - 04/08/03 10:01 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

I've been taking Coral Calcium powder for several months now. It has helped me immensley. I recently changed brands and felt it wasn't as helpful, so different brands could make a difference. I also decided to take this calcium out of the capsule, we'll see if that makes a difference. I didn't think the different brands could make a difference, but maybe it does.

#5455 - 04/08/03 11:40 AM
joylyn44

Thanks so much for the info. Where can I find the coral calcium powder? I may give it a try.

#5457 - 04/08/03 11:46 AM
Karin

What kind are you using? I thought it was all powdered, just put into a capsule in some brands????

#5458 - 04/08/03 11:57 AM
Karin

I'm so glad you posted this. I took a look at the ingredients of the "new" calcium I've started to take and found out it has "extra" ingredients. I thought it all was the same except the capsule, but they're not. The new one I have has Gelatin, Rice Flour Powder, Silica and Vegetable Magnesium Stearate. The "good" coral calcium has NO other ingredients. Magnesium Stearate has always been a laxative for me and with having IBS-D, it's not a good thing. Back to the 100% coral calcium powder. The 100% brand I have on hand is Eco-Pure. I had been taking another brand, but can't find the empty bottle. The additive calcium is from Vitamin World.

#5460 - 04/08/03 12:13 PM
joylyn44

I took Barefoot Coral Calcium Plus and I just looked on the bottle and it has several different vitamins and minerals in it. There's about 16 different ingredients listed. Maybe that's why I felt so bad after taking these. I also read on it where you can empty the capsules. I will try to find the brand you have. Thanks so much.

#5462 - 04/08/03 12:30 PM
Karin

I think you'll be safe finding one that's just Coral Calcium w/o any additives. It's the additives that screw us up I'm sure, not the calcium. I couldn't even find the first brand I took again, so had to purchase a different brand. Just make sure NO OTHER INGREDIENTS.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 207 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2084

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review