All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Weak immune system... new
      #5456 - 04/08/03 11:41 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Wow! You certainly have a strong will, to keep at it after all that. I wish you good luck in the future....though I know if it comes to adoption, you will definitely make wonderful parents to a child who truly needs them! I have told myself that if I turn out unable to concieve, that I will definitely adopt (though I would love to have a child of my own too!)...Right now I trying to stabilize my monthly (try twice yearly!) cycle with my OB/GYN, and thats not working too well. Some of my friends growing up always got mad because I seemed to "miss out" on their monthly pains....but boy, let me tell you, the pains I did get, they couldn't even begin to imagine!

I saw that you are from NC -- I stayed in Raleigh last summer, and boy, was it beautiful over there! So green and luscious...especially to a desert rat like me. And the summer was very similar to an AZ summer, just a bit humid...but I loved it, felt right at home.

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weak immune system...H2 and Mags new
      #5463 - 04/08/03 12:37 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Tummy Mint--SO YUMMY!!!! I've never met anyone else who'd ever heard of it...I should've know ya'll on the board are up on their teas

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#5484 - 04/08/03 04:20 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

You know it! I had never heard of anyone else drinking Tummy Mint either (besides my boyfriend, which I got him drinking!).

My other Celestial Seasonings favs are Honey Peach Ginger (OMG!!!!!--that's got to be the best!!!), Sleepytime, Bengal Spice, Tension Tamer, and that's all I can think of right now.

My other fav is called Gastraflor. I got it free from Yves Rocher (the place that sells all the bath/body stuff, makeup, etc.). It said it was an after meal herbal tea. It works great! I used to drink this when in emergency state (bad IBS attack at work) before I knew of Heather's diet. It has verbena, mint, orange, linden, & chamomile. This is the only tea I've ever heard of with verbena. There's 60 bags in the box, so it lasts me forever. I only use it when I'm feeling really bad!!

#5495 - 04/08/03 06:28 PM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

I love the Tension Tamer too, can't wait to try the ginger peach spice, they are two of my favorite flavors (ginger and peach)! I will look into Gastraflor, we don't have a Yves Rocher store around here that I know of, but I will look online.

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#5496 - 04/08/03 06:43 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Just check the box for the Honey Peach Ginger. It's one of their Wellness teas, so it has warnings about allergies, pregnacy, gallbladder, etc., because of the herbal supplements.

Yves Rocher is mail order. They don't have any stores that I know of. Here's their site: Yves Rocher

But, don't buy it full price. It's expensive. But, once you buy one little thing from there, they CONSTANTLY send you deals--2 for 1, choose 1 product free, etc. Get it through a "deal".

They are kind of neat tea bags though. They're actual cotten satchets. I kind of feel exotic or old fashioned when I use them. LOL But, since they are cotton, I always cut the string off before using--othewise it sucks the water up & it leaks on the outside of the cup--big mess!

Re: Weak immune system... new
      #5507 - 04/08/03 11:55 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Quote:

There are so many babies that need a home. It could be mine.

That's awesome.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 549 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3603

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review