All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hi - I'm back...one problem tho...
      #5354 - 04/07/03 05:12 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Hi everybody - Well our trip was great but I was really constipated. Didn't "GO" from Tuesday until Friday. I kept taking my fiber supplements (and even one of my sisters-in-law wanted some because she was plugged up too). This always happens when I go on a trip for the first few days I think because I'm so tense and I tend to tense up my muscles all over because of it. Anyway, I kept eating all the soluble fiber I could get my hands on. They all wanted me to drink prune juice and I told them they didn't really want me to do that and then stay in the same house and car with them and explained why. They probably thought I was nuts eating all the flour tortillas and breads I could find. I took my fiber pills and tortillas with me so I wouldn't feel guilty about wanting to go to the grocery store every few days. I've been fine since. But, I couldn't believe how hard my abdomen was. Luckily, we can talk about anything (there were 4 women and 1 man and he kept his mouth shut because he was outnumbered.) But I kept my mouth shut when it was a Portuguese thing because I was outnumbered!!!!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi - I'm back...one problem tho... new
      #5360 - 04/07/03 05:23 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Sharon,
Glad you're back! Sorry about the constipation while you were away. I get the same and I think you're right it's because you get tense etc. I think any decent change in my routine makes me stress a bit and that's when I seem to get constipated.

Anyway, welcome back!
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#5369 - 04/07/03 06:47 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Welcome back Sharon!!! I get the same way - I don't like to go anywhere but my own home. Only exception was about four years ago when I got food posioning at someone else's house. That's embrassing!!
I am very C right now and my tummy hurts because I have a big Math test tomorrow and an interview at a Nursing School I applied at on Thursday.
Any ideas on how to calm the nerves?

#5377 - 04/07/03 07:15 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!! We missed you! I'm glad you survived your trip Not that I ever had any doubts....

HURRAY FOR SHARON!

Always,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#5383 - 04/07/03 07:50 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

WELCOME BACK SHARON - HUGE ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Because I missed you so much I made your Honey Oatmeal Muffins and they are so good.

I am sorry to hear about your C. I get like that when I go on trips, but look out when you get settled back in home.
Well maybe I should say Look out to your husband LOL.

Did you have fun? Aside from your C problem of course.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Barbara new
      #5398 - 04/07/03 10:58 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Barbara,
try to take as much time out for yourself as you can to relax. Walking, yoga, meditation etc. would all be good. Stress is such a huge trigger, I know I have to work so hard to keep it under control.

Good luck!

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#5404 - 04/08/03 02:22 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Welcome back Sharon!!!!!!!!!! I really missed you! I just want to say that the same thing has happened to me. When me ans my family went to Niagra Falls recently, I suddenly went from IBS-D to IBS-C! I dont know why.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 208 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 792

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review