All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Heating Pad!!!
      #5283 - 04/07/03 05:14 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Last night I had the WORST acute attack! I was in such pain I couldn't move--my husband had to make me a peppermint tea because I couldn't make it on my own. I asked him to bring me my heating pad. After about 40 minutes I was able to fall asleep! The pain was still there--but it was liveable--I didn't even finish my glass of tea--I turned off the heating pad and was able to sleep! I just wanted to share this hot wonder! I hope this helps you too!

Always,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heating Pad!!! new
      #5284 - 04/07/03 05:25 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

I know a hot water bottle helps me when I'm cramping due to constipation! But a heating pad would be even better! I'm gonna have to get one of those when I get back home!!

#5291 - 04/07/03 07:15 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

You can also fill a sock with some dry rice, knot the sock and heat it in the microwave for 15 to 20 sec or until warm. This was a lamaze thing I learned at the end of my first pregnancy. I also used it to heat my youngest daughter's bed when she was a newborn. It was the only way to keep her asleep when I put her down at night.

#5293 - 04/07/03 07:19 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I know that sometimes I have to buy the Thermacare wraps to keep on when I have my aches and pains. They seem to help alot!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#5298 - 04/07/03 07:57 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

My mom told me to make sure to use regular rice though... for some reason, instant rice in the sock gets yucky, but the regular rice does fine.

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#5365 - 04/07/03 05:37 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Ruchie,
I too, love the heating pad. In fact even my two year old son says to me when he sees it, "here mummy make you feel better".
Kerrie

btw, what brought on the attack?

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#5378 - 04/07/03 07:20 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Kerrie,

That's adorable!! Kids are so angelic sometimes!!

My attack last night...I'm not sure what brought it on. I just know the gas pains were relentless...I couldn't move AT ALL! Come to think of it, I think I overate last night and that was the culprit! Could that have put me in such horrible pain?

I hope you're feeling well--keep that heating pad nearby

Always,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#5386 - 04/07/03 08:06 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I love my heating pad! I don't know what I would do without it. Sometimes I even fall asleep with it at night.
I know it says right on it "Do Not use while Sleeping" but sometimes when a person gets those bad attacks
it's the only thing that helps me sleep because I have to get to work the next day!

My sister says I should get paid royalties because I always have it near me Just In Case!
She says the same thing about Michael's the craft store, but I haven't gotten anywhere in convincing me to do ads for them yet!

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#5399 - 04/07/03 11:11 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

I think overeating can bring on an attack, in fact sometimes I think they come from nowhere!

I guess we just have to accept that there will be good days and bad!

All the best,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#5403 - 04/08/03 02:19 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

I love heating pads to ease the pain of an attack. I also love hot,hot baths after an attack. Sometimes i think theyre too hot though, because when i come out, my skin is all red hehehehe.......

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#5410 - 04/08/03 05:11 AM
meg

Reged: 01/29/03

Girlfriend, I could not make it without my little heating pad. It's my best friend:) I've gone through at least 4 in the last 6 months! I really have to use mine alot. When I have an episode, I sit on the throne with it on my tummy... This is the only pain relief I can find. I'm glad you found relief in your heating pad too:)....

Meg

#5428 - 04/08/03 07:57 AM
GEA

Reged: 04/06/03
Loc: San Diego, CA

Hi Everyone!
I Sleep with my heating pad every night. It is really soothing and really helps me to get to sleep too. My pad has an automatic shut off thingee, so it's OK if I fall asleep with it on. I used to do the rice in the pillow case and heating it in the microwave. It works really good and it stays warm for quite a long while. You could take it with you in the car! The one thing I really liked about the rice is that it will conform to any shape, so I could wrap it around me into any form.

~GEA

--------------------
~GEA~

Re: Heating Pad!!!-Love the heating pad!! new
      #5483 - 04/08/03 03:58 PM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

I have 2 one I made with rice (to take with me in a few months on the plane to the UK) and another one that someone made for me that has corn in it. I use them both and you will find them lying around the house all the time. I use mine in the morning before I go to work and especially at night.

I find that overeating is a big trigger for me as well. Here, here for the heating pads!!

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5546 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1520

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review