All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is ground turkey a safe food??
      #52361 - 03/19/04 12:16 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Hey I have a question - From what I understand - chicken, turkey and seafood are the only meats that are safe - is ground turkey completely safe. I eat chicken almost every night for dinner cause I cannot stand seafood and someone told me to try ground turkey burgers. Are these completely safe or not? I would love to be able to eat burgers again!! Please help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is ground turkey a safe food?? new
      #52366 - 03/19/04 12:23 PM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

I think as long as you get the low fat(light in color) kind as opposed to the dark meat groung turkey it would be OK. It is good with rice and some veggies rolled up in a non fat tortilla with some spices too.

Yes its safe.... new
      #52370 - 03/19/04 12:28 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Yes ground turkey is safe. Just make sure it is turkey breast. You don't want any of the dark meat. Dark meat has the fat. I buy Jennio ground turkey breast, it's 98% fat free. Totaly safe. I make everything with ground turkey
spagettie, sloppy joes, tacos, meat loaf, and burges too!

Very good!!! Most grocerie stores sell this to.

--------------------

Edited by StephS (03/19/04 12:29 PM)

Turkey burgers... mmm! new
      #52423 - 03/19/04 01:55 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I think you'll really like turkey burgers! Sometimes you have to add a few more spices than you do to regular hamburgers, because turkey itself isn't quite as flavorful, but if you play around enough you can get them tasting really fantastic. I posted my favorite turkey burger recipe on the recipe board for you, here. Enjoy!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#52429 - 03/19/04 02:15 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Thank you soooo much for all your posts - I cannot wait to barbecue turkey burgers this weekend!

#52465 - 03/19/04 06:05 PM
marjo

Reged: 01/13/04
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

I just had a turkey burger for lunch today. Some mustard, mild yellow peppers, a little veggie cheese. I just fried it in a skillet at work. I like them better than a hamburger any day. I also like gr. turkey in Minestrone soup and The Dinner in a Bag recipe. Do a search and you wil find them. It is a great alternative to hamburger, and much safer. I like the 7% fat, compared to the 100% lean. It has more flavor and better texture.

--------------------
Everything somehow always works out for the best.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2480 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 757

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review