Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: I am new here and a little nervous new
      #52280 - 03/19/04 10:07 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Courtney!

You've gotten tons of advice already, so I just wanted to say welcome.

As you're going through everything, if you have any questions, just let us know.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#52281 - 03/19/04 10:08 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Hi Courtney,
I just wanted to welcome you to the boards. I know how overwhelming all this is, but just keep reading everything on this site and posting questions as you need to. While you're waiting to get the books, you can read what you need to know right here on the web site. Have you read what to eat when you can't eat anything else; Breaking the Cycle?(http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/fiber1.asp) Also, learn what ingredients to watch out for, and then read the labels. Like everybody said, you've sure come to the right place for help and support. I really hope you'll be feeling better soon!
Terri

#52282 - 03/19/04 10:10 AM
courtneyF

Reged: 03/19/04
Loc: Virginia

Well I am assuming that IBS-C stands for constipation. Which I have the opposite, so I am not sure if this will work for me. I go to the bathroom wayyyy too much and I need to find a medicine that really works, Like I said I am taking Levsin and it stopped working and now I have a prescription for Bentyl which I have not gotten filled yet. So, I guess I will find out if it works and he wants me to take it every other day, and Levsin I am taking every twelve hours. I dont know, I guess it is process of elimination to find out what works for me!

#52286 - 03/19/04 10:13 AM
courtneyF

Reged: 03/19/04
Loc: Virginia

I have tried to read everything. I really want to feel better so I want to do everthing I can to do so. Most of the foods dont sound like much fun, but I guess if I want to feel better I have to. I hope I feel better soon too and thanks!

Meds new
      #52287 - 03/19/04 10:14 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey Courtney....
Try not to get discouraged...you will find something that works!!

I just saw my doc on monday and switched prescriptions too...I was previously on Dicetel and it didn't work for me so now I'm trying Modulon.

I was so discouraged and defeated when I walked into that doctor's office but my doc assured me that there are plenty of different meds out there and she's sure that at least one of them will work.

Unfortunately it sucks having to go through the process of elimination before you finally find something that works for you.

Good luck!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 274 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4783

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review