All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
whey protein
      #51277 - 03/16/04 08:26 PM
gabe

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Altoona, PA

hi i recently started doing cardio and lifting weights and i have friends who say that whey protein shakes help a lot for lifting weights but i read on this website that whey protein can upset my stomach. anyone have any idea about alternative ways to getting protein? I am very dedicated in my program but its hard when I have no one saying keep going good job. I told my dad my goals and he said its impossible. Heres some info on me I am 6'5" 180 lbs and around 22% body fat because I used to eat a lot of fatty foods and never exercised. My goals are 250 lbs and 5% bodyfat. I know its not gonna be easy but if I keep on my program and dont give up I know its possible. Also wanted to say i love these forums and it looks like there are a lot of nice people here thanks.
gabe

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: whey protein new
      #51293 - 03/17/04 01:34 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey take it easy on yourself! A really tough training program is stressful to the body, so it could well make your IBS worse!

But, you can get protein shakes that are dairy free and so IBS safe. JenX has some she makes up with soy milk.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 507 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 439

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review