Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
att KinOz
      #5105 - 04/04/03 06:26 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

Hey there,

As a fellow teacher - do you have any snack tips that you take to school for lunch? I'm asking as you'll know aussie brands also.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: att KinOz new
      #5140 - 04/04/03 01:59 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi again,

My lunch box normally consists of the same things each day which I know are safe for me. I must admit I don't buy many snack/convenience foods as most of them aren't too safe. the few I do buy for snacks include: freedom baked corn chips, parkers mini-pretzels, sok baked potato chips, goulburn valley pureed apple, apple and strawberry, soy life vanilla creme youghurts (nearly fat free and very nice!).

A typical lunch box holds for me:
Morning Tea: one of heather's breads which I bake in bulk and freeze in individual portions for this purpose, followed by soy life yoghurt.

Lunch: turkey breast sandwhich with a scrape of king island soy cream cheese and cranberry sce on baker's delight white flour loaf, followed by a piece of heather's fudge cake, banana cake.

Sometimes I take a can of tuna to put on my sandwhich. Greenseas makes two 98% fat free varieties that are IBS safe and nice. (lime and cracked pepper and soy sce and ginger).

Hope this helps,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#5170 - 04/05/03 03:39 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

Thanks a lot for that - it does help. I've been having the smoked tuna and that was pretty good. I also have the sok (found 2 new flavours today - bacon & pepper and salt and vinegar. The bacon one is delish!). I also have the parker pretzels - plain or cheese).

I don't have heather's book but would be interested in the fudge cake, banana cake and to take a look at the breads. Are they on recipe exchange part of the board?

#5201 - 04/05/03 02:33 PM
KinOz

Hi,
The peppermint fudge cake (I don't add the p,mint - hubby is not a fan!) is available on eatingforibs.com under recipes and the banana nut streusel cake was on one of heather's newsletters that come monthly. If you can't find either of them let me know and I will post them for you on the recipe board.

I'll list the breads below and if you tell me which ones you like the sound of I'll post recipes for them too.
maple oat
apple spice walnut
brown sugar banana
sweet-tart orange cranberry
old fashioned orange blossom
sweet cinnamon zucchini
cinnamon lime pecan
sunshine(sweet potato)
lemon glazed
pumpkin apple spice
chocolate applesce (has raisins)
gingerbread
cornbread

My email is on my profile so if you would prefer I email them just email me with your email.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#5202 - 04/05/03 02:37 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

hi there kinOz, i would Love the recipe to chocolate applesce (has raisins) if you could. I was going to email you, but your email does not appear to be on your profile

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: sorry! new
      #5208 - 04/05/03 03:03 PM
KinOz

Angela,
I'm sorry I thought I had included my email. I will update my profile as I don't mind receiving emails.

Here is the recipe:

Preheat oven to 325

sift and stir:
2 cups flour
2 t baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa
1 T cornstarch
1 cup sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t cloves
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t salt

Whisk together by hand:
1 3/4 cups applesce
1/4 cup canola oil
1 T vanilla
1 cup raisins (diced)

Add wet to dry with a few swift strokes until well blended. Pour into non stick loaf pan sprayed with cooking oil spray. bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 mins or until cake tester comes out clean.

It's really nice, enjoy!
Kerrie

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 424 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 790

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review