All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Im new and I need some advice new
      #49386 - 03/10/04 05:29 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Don't drink the ensure. IT may be lactose free, but I think it has casein or whey which can only make things worse. Eat frequent meals during the day (not necessarily large meals). Make sure you have soluble fiber at each meal. The best way to gain weight is to get yourself stable. Don't be tempted to eat fried foods,e tc. or you'll just end up sick again.
Try soy milks (I LOVE Silk brand chocolate), instead of the ensure. Also, make sure you're eating a balanced meal, and carefully incorporating your fruits and veggies.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Im new and I need some advice new
      #49393 - 03/10/04 06:22 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

I'm in a bit of the same boat as you. I lost about 15 lbs when I first started getting sick, and didn't have the weight to lose to begin with. I also found I felt really tired. Since I've been eating better I have gained back a bit of weight (not all of it), but feel way better. I think that's the important thing. Worry more about feeling better than what the scale says.

Hansolo - I know Whey is bad, but Is Casein bad also? I've been eating some Soy cheese that has it in it. But it souds like maybe I should be careful.

Re: For Bevrs new
      #49621 - 03/11/04 11:22 AM
kristy391

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Thanks....I am a very slim girl. I'm 5'8 and until recently have never weighed more than 125lbs. I'm at 130 right now and feel alot more comfortable with it.

--------------------
Kristy

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 682 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3387

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review