Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Questions on diet/recipes
      #45045 - 02/15/04 05:44 AM
Robin

Reged: 10/12/03
Loc: West Virginia

Dear Heather,

First of all, thank your husband for returning my telephone call regarding my order. I am excited about receiving the Acadia fiber and your cookbook, along with the peppermint caps.

I wanted to ask you a few other questions though...how do a search your website for recipes and also I had e-mailed you via the Living Room about me being diagnosed with IC back in October 2001. Have you ever heard of it? It is a chronic bladder condition and is very painful once it comes out of remission. I have to take daily medication for it, but unfortunately, there is no cure as in IBS too. I just wanted to run this by you to see if you've ever heard of it. The long name is Interstitial Cystitis (IC).

I was encouraged to hear the testimony that your husband was telling me about a lady that had come to one of your book signings and she had lost 80 lbs. in a year without really even trying to lose it. I would like to be able to be that same testimony (70 lbs.) and I really need to lower my cholesterol BIG time (all of my numbers of high, not just my total) I have tried the medications, but they don't seem to agree with my body. I have a really super sensitive system.

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions you may have.

Have a blessed day!

Robin Tabler
Martinsburg, WV

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Questions on diet/recipes new
      #45048 - 02/15/04 06:39 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hi Robin,

I'm not Heather, and I can't help you out on most things, but I can tell you how to search for recipes! Go into the discussion thread for recipes and near the bottom of the page is a place where it says search forum and then a blank. Just fill in a keyword for whatever kind of recipe you're looking for. There is also a master list, the third topic down from the top that is titled "Link to the IBS Recipe Index" will take you there.

Hope this helps, Jenny

PS Lots of people around here find that combining the IBS diet with the Weight Watchers program is the best and safest way for people like us to lose weight! Good luck!

#45060 - 02/15/04 07:50 AM
Robin

Reged: 10/12/03
Loc: West Virginia

Thanks Jenny! I appreciate all the help I can get. Seems like I got off track ever since Thanksgiving and it's so hard getting back on track now, but I have to because of health issues.

Robin

#45120 - 02/15/04 02:56 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Robin - You got good advice on how to search for a specific recipe. You can also start on the main recipe listing page here IBS Recipes and from this page you can navigate through to all of the recipes on the entire website, including the recipe message board.

Increasing your soluble fiber intake, and especially adding in a supplement, will help your cholesterol levels tremendously. Eliminating red meat, dairy, coffee, and soda pop will help here too, and will definitely make weight loss a lot easier for you. Drink lots of water, and of course exercise.

I've heard a bit about IC, but don't really know much about it or how it might overlap with IBS.

And Will says hi!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 790 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 568

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review