Desert Phoenix

Reged: 12/17/03

Post deleted by rick401

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SSRI antidepressants vs. tricyclic antidepressants new
      #45046 - 02/15/04 06:34 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I don't mind giving you more details on tricyclics... although if you do have depression they might put you on a much higher dosage than me... the first couple of days I was taking it I was a space queen... I felt like I was floating just right of my body. After that I didn't notice anything at all, except that one side effect is craving sweet things (and thus gaining weight) and I did have that. Mostly my major problem (I can deal with all of the regular IBS/Reflux problems ok) is that I am constantly and unceasingly nauseous, and when I took my meds that went away.

Sometime during there, I did develop a complete intolerance to beer and wine and a fairly strong intolerance to every other kind of alcohol, but that comes along with IBS for a lot of people anyway... and since the intolerance is still here and I'm not on my meds, I can't say there was any causal relationship.

I've heard that they make people very, very sleepy (which is why I said it'd get you through the night), but that wasn't really the case for me. The thing is, apparently you're supposed to divide the pill up and take it through out the day so it continues to be in your system and effective, and one gastroenterologist just had me take the whole thing at night. But it worked anyway, either through the meds or a placebo effect. At any rate, as long as it worked, I wasn't picky.

Re: SSRI antidepressants vs. tricyclic antidepressants new
      #45056 - 02/15/04 07:24 AM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

I take zoloft which is an SSRI and it helps me alot...Im IBS d and its worse with anxiety and depression and it helps that too.

--------------------
Gretchen

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 541 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 392

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review