All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Does Exercise Help D?
      #4482 - 03/29/03 05:02 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

After breakfast this morning, i had abdominal pain followed by unpleasant D. Well anyway, a little later on the day, I spent 2 and half hours roller blading at a local roller rink straight. So, needless to say, i got plenty of exercise. Afterwards, I felt great. I ate dinner, and no pain or d or anything. Does exercise help D?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does Exercise Help D? new
      #4484 - 03/29/03 05:16 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I know exercise is supposed to help, but I don't know if it's immediate or over time.

I do know that when I started exercising on a regular basis about 1 1/2 years ago, my symptoms improved a lot. I got really sick last summer & had stopped exercising. I finally got back into routine and I've been going a little over a month now. I could definitely tell the difference during the time I wasn't exercisng. More D, urgency, etc.

I don't know if this really helps you out or not, but I tried! Do you normally get any exercise?

Mags

#4488 - 03/29/03 05:43 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

That did help me Mags, thanks! actually, i get to little to NO exercise daily. Im one lazy caboose! lol. but since the warm weathers finally starting to come around, I'll be sure to exercise more. thank you again

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#4539 - 03/30/03 01:40 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I find that it does. It's proven that light exercise after a meal aids in digestion. Staying active also keeps up your metabolism and help to burn your calories more efficiently. As you said, now that the warm weather has come, try anything you like. I like to take a spin around the block even. As little as 10 - 15 minutes a day can be helpful for me I find and I'm IBS - D too.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#4849 - 04/01/03 05:41 PM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

I usually feel better when I am getting regular exercise, but I have been slacking for the past year. I was all psyched with the warm weather to get walking again, but I just had some plantar's warts removed from my foot... grrr. I hope my enthusiasm for exercise isn't gone by the time my foot heals.

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 279 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 566

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review