Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Joylyn - I have to have help - I'm from Cincy! new
      #5702 - 04/10/03 05:28 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Joylyn,

I live in Cincinnati! Wouldn't it be funny if we had the same doctor? Oh - wait - you said "he" - my GI doc is a woman. We are so fortunate to have so many excellent doctors in Cincinnati (although I'm still crying about my gynecologist going to Cleveland!) The Digestive Diseases Department at the U. of Cincinnati is one of the best in the country, and Children's Hospital here has one of the best clinical research & treatment facilities for children with GI disorders / diseases (a doctor there recommended GI docs for me - so that was a blessing, too). Anyway, just interesting to "meet" someone from Cincy on the board! No more "Skyline" or "Gold Star" chili, no more ribs from Montgomery Inn - no more "Frisch's" - that's the worst!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#5831 - 04/11/03 05:45 PM
joylyn44

Reged: 03/06/03

HI KaybeeC~

I'm from near Portsmouth, but have a cousin that works at Bethesda North Hospital and recommended Dr. Shakoor. If I had known about the Digestive Diseases Center at University of Cincinnati, I would have probably gone there. We usually go to Columbus or Cincy if there's something wrong that we're not sure about. I hope you find out what is wrong with you. Are you going to have tests run soon? Sure hope you're feeling a little better today. Take care~

#5999 - 04/13/03 06:43 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03

Joylyn,

I live within shouting distance of B-North - and that's where I chose to have my gallbladder surgery several years ago. My surgeon practices only at B-North - and he's great! Dr. Shakoor did his GI fellowship at Case Western Reserve - and they don't hand those out to just anybody - sounds like you're in good hands! (Just an aside: if my FedEx job doesn't work out, I will probably apply at Tri-Health, which includes B-North. I would love a 2nd shift job at B-North, especially because I'm comfortable in a medical office setting. Just not sure I can take the pressure at FedEx). My diagnosis, currently, is: IBS + "mild acute colitis" - all my gyne tests have come back okay (still waiting for one, actually). So, I guess I do know what's going on - praying the diet & antispasmodic helps the IBS-d, and the meds will help the colitis. So much fun! (Are you near the Hocking Valley? I've heard it's gorgeous!)

Blessings,
Kaybee

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1096 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4580

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review