All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
acacia,, soy and dairy allergy or intolerance
      #43678 - 02/07/04 08:36 PM
pedie

Reged: 02/07/04

Being allergic to soy and acacia and having no lactose, will I be able to get enough protein? Also, watching out for purines eliminates many foods. I had figured out the IBS diet much as you have, but you have given me some important pointers, especially as to insoluble fiber. I was only taking fibercon in the morning, but will now do so with other meals. Also, I refrain from acidic foods outside of an orange every third day. Tomatoes are taboo. I am pretty well stabilized, but sleep is often erratic. Am 82, at 104#, 5'2" on no medication. Am active and energized as long as I observe the IBS rules. Would certain foods affect my sleep? My system does not tolerate vitamins, herbs or tea. I drink Ensure, which I wonder whether this is a good idea. I eat very little fat. In fact, I don't eat much of anything. This has been very helpful. Thank you.

Yours, Pedie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: acacia,, soy and dairy allergy or intolerance new
      #43745 - 02/08/04 11:31 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Wow, I hope I'm as full of energy and as healthy as you when I'm 82! Chances are I will be, longevity runs in our family -- my greataunt just died at 102!!

Are you vegetarian? I get most of my protein from chicken breasts and canned tuna packed in water.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Hi Pedie! new
      #43777 - 02/08/04 04:15 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Pedie, and welcome to the boards! I'm glad you've figured out what works for you. Does Ensure bother you? I think it contains whey, which bothers some of us. I know I tried it a couple of times and it didn't settle so well. But we're all different! As for protein, there's plenty of protein in chicken, turkey, and fish, all of which are perfectly safe for us! Do you drink rice milk? A lot of those are also enriched with protein I think, so hopefully you should be able to get plenty!

I'm just curious, how do you know you're allergic to acacia? I started it a couple of weeks ago and have been having some problems, so I'm very interested to hear. Take care and I'll see you on the boards!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1868 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 465

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review