All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Shouldn't be .... new
      #44887 - 02/13/04 03:08 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

That's what I had, Louise! I gave up and went back to my other supplement.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Having same trouble Gas pains an bloating. new
      #44912 - 02/13/04 04:47 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Me too...I have had really bad gas pains and bloating, I really think its the acacia Darn it! I think I'm going to do citrucel and a small amount of acacia. Maybe I'll get used to it that way. I've been in a world of pain the past few days...I had also been uping the dose of acacia. So I think that's been my problem!

I have been eating really well too. So I'm at a loss. I guess stoping acacia for a few days will be the test!!!

--------------------

Re: Having same trouble Gas pains an bloating. new
      #44919 - 02/13/04 05:30 PM
Kree

That sounds like a smart idea Steph. I'm feeling a little better since I stopped the acacia, although it's taking a while for my system to get back to normal! I agree, it is too bad that it doesn't seem to work well for us. That's a good idea about trying some of each supplement though... maybe I'll get brave and try adding it back that way too.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#44927 - 02/13/04 06:55 PM
melluv

Reged: 02/13/04

hi steph, im having the same problem with the bloating and gas! my abdoman looks like a balloon thats ready to pop, its so tight and when i walk its painful. i was wondering how it effects you or anyoneelse daily, its really making my life hell....

Re: Acacia and Gas new
      #44928 - 02/13/04 07:05 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

Hi Kree,I work the Acacia 1/2 Tsp.at a time.I was up an down for awhile.but I haven,t had d in about a month.I still
get gas real bad.an I even go to Walmarts with out haveing to use the bathroom.which is very good for me.so I take 1 Tbs.in the morning an 1 Tbs before supper.so far so good,now
if I could get read of the gas an bloating.can you help me there.Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Re: Having same trouble Gas pains an bloating. MELLUV!! new
      #44929 - 02/13/04 07:10 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hi Melluv,
Are you taking Acacia? Or is this just because of you IBS? Mine is both ofcourse...but I think it is worse because of the Acacia. Now it works REALLY well for some here on the boards and there is a few of us that are having a really hard time with it. I think I'm not going to take it anymore. I've been bloated, gas and gas pains...side and back pain. I've been feeling horriable the past week! I try to manage it with tea. But to be honest it has not helped one bit! Normaly it helps tons. Peppermint and fennel are the two I drink. I'm getting ready to take a hot bath and maybe some tea before bed! I hope tomorrow is better. I took my last dose of acacia last night before bed. I havent' had anymore today. So maybe tomorrow will be better!! OH PLEASE!!!! I really hope My tummy too looks like a baloon...if only we could pop it!!!

Well I hope I help and answered some of you questions! Let me know if I can help!

Take care!

--------------------

#44930 - 02/13/04 07:13 PM
ArtKen

Reged: 07/12/03
Loc: Brantford, Ontario, Canada

Going through the same thing. Almost like a gall bladder attack but I don't have it.

Trying herbal teas, fennel, pepppermit and chamoile. They help a bit but not much. But at lease constipation has eased up for now.

#44931 - 02/13/04 07:20 PM
Gerry10

so far no c.but no d for about a month.but still gas an bloating.I thought Acacia was surpose to stop that.it has help me with the d. Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#44932 - 02/13/04 07:28 PM
Gerry10

I,m afraid if I stop the Acacia I,ll get the d again,it has been so nice with out it.but I,m tired of the bloating an gas.I feel like I,m PG again.Gerry.The Mid Night Writer.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#44942 - 02/13/04 08:30 PM
Kree

Hi Gerry! You're early tonight, it's not midnight yet, lol... at least not here in NY! I'm glad the acacia helped with your D! That must be a great relief. I'm a C girl myself, so I didn't have that to worry about. My main problem has always been gas and bloating, and the acacia did seem to make it even worse. In other words, I don't have much advice to offer you in that area! I'm assuming you've tried fennel tea? I can't stand the stuff but everyone says it's great for bloating. I do buy celestial seasonings Tummy Mint, which contains some fennel, and that does seem to help a little bit. Anyway, to make a long story short, I hope you get the bloating under control! Let's hope we all do.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5227 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4753

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review