All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What to eat for lunch
      #43427 - 02/05/04 08:53 PM
Katie

Reged: 02/05/04

Hi! I'm a new member and have had IBS for about 10 yrs. I never knew so many other people were just like me. I'm still recovering from having part of my colon removed in December, 2003 which was no fun at all. I'm a Registered Nurse, have a very stressful job (like so many of you) and would like to know if anyone knows what I can eat/take for lunch at work. I know if I eat too fast, or too much, it's just as bad as eating the wrong foods. How about those liquid protein drinks, are they safe for me? I'm so afraid to eat because sometimes I'm in the bathroom 10 times after lunch! I have Heather's book "Eating for IBS" but I'm new at this "new way of eating." Please help!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

lunch ideas new
      #43429 - 02/05/04 09:02 PM
AllieGator

Reged: 01/24/04
Loc: Rockland County, NY

you can never go wrong with a sandwhich. usually for lunch(more like every day for me!!) ill eat a turkey sandwhich(french or sourdough bread...def NOT whole wheat) or u can make grilled chicken ahead of time and put that on the sandwhich instead, probably tuna too if you like that. bagels are good and quick, or if there's a microwave you can take leftover pasta or rice from the night before.

hope this helps!!

--------------------
If you can do nothing else...smile

Re: lunch ideas new
      #43464 - 02/06/04 08:04 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

If you have a microwave noodle bowls are good. Thai kitchen makes some really good ones, bring some fresh bread to go with it and you have a quick, yummy lunch! Try rollups if you get tired of regualr sandwiches. Also do a broad search, there have been a ton of posts on this subject!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: lunch ideas new
      #43491 - 02/06/04 10:23 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

And if you like smoked fish, it's very IBS-friendly! I've had people look at my lunches of lox on a bagel (with lemon zest and capers if my DH makes it for me!) with envy when they're eating McD's....

There are a couple of tasty recipes in Heather's book - smoked trout and whitefish are also good for variety's sake or if you're not a salmon fan.

Re: What to eat for lunch new
      #43501 - 02/06/04 11:25 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Here's a list TessLouise started before that may help you out too: lunch ideas.

I'm lucky enough to be able to come home for lunch every day. I usually have leftovers, but sometimes I'll have a veggie burger/dog or baked Tostitos with canned tiny shrimp.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5139 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 731

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review