All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
BEEN AWAY DUE TO ILLNESS, PLEASE HELP.
      #38323 - 01/17/04 11:50 AM
broná

Reged: 10/28/03

Hello everyone and to the new members that have joined since i'v been away, i have visited a couple of times just to read as i have not been good since last August.I hope someone can help and identify with me,here is my problem.
Prior to joining IBS last year i had the usual exams like scope up and down which nothing showed up,back and forth to my GP changing meds all the time until i was told by another Doctor that i had IBS.I was put on Nexium and found this site,i started to do what Heather suggested changed my whole way of eating and became a new person,this lasted until i started to go off track a little intruducing things that i know i should not have which have led me to where i am today,i have to say that i didn't go off track that much however i am blameing this.My acid reflux returned now and then and i developed a pain under my left rib cage,sometimes it came when i didn't eat,i found it came while driving the car as if my top half caused pressure.I had a Barium Meal done last week and nothing showed.I was sent to casuality before Christmas had an xray which was ok also but they told me i had a Hiatus Hernia and sent me home with Losec and painkillers, i spent Christmas in bed.My own GP was away on Thursday so her partner saw me and said i had a sliding Hiatus Hernia and wrote to the Doctor in Hospital that did the camera scope before so he has asked for me to have another scope done as a sliding Hernia don't show up on a Barium Meal!!!I will be waiting some weeks to have this done.Can anyone identify with me regarding stinging knife like pain under left rib cage.I know i can't get back on track until i see the end of this.
If Heather has a chance to reply i would be grateful also..Sorry to make this long but i need help, thank you.
BRONÁ

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: BEEN AWAY DUE TO ILLNESS, PLEASE HELP. new
      #38324 - 01/17/04 11:53 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi - I'm not sure what it is, but I just wanted to say I hope you find out and can feel better soon.

Good luck!

#38329 - 01/17/04 12:06 PM
broná

Thank you Mags, i'm sure someone can turn up something,appreciate your good wishes.
Broná

#38340 - 01/17/04 12:46 PM
AngelKitty

Reged: 12/31/03

I also have sharp pains in the upper left, followed by a soreness...I had an ulcer last year which the Dr says probably didnt heal yet...I am having a scope in 3 weeks....Perhaps you shuld see another Dr or have a repeat scope. The upper left is where your stomach lays....

#38361 - 01/17/04 01:57 PM
broná

Thank you angelkitty,yes i will be haveing another scope done,i hope within the next few weeks.My pain and burning feels like an ulcer but the Barium Meal xray that shows up ulcers showed i had no ulcer??I'm confused,thank you again for your reply i appreciate it.
Broná.

#38363 - 01/17/04 02:04 PM
Dolphin

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: NY, USA

I also have been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia. I have acid reflux from it too. Anyways, because of this, I have pain by my left rib cage whenever pressure is put there. One thing that really helped me tremendously is going to the chiropracter and having her adjust the hiatus hernia. I even do that myself now when it really bothers me. I'm also on Nexium and it didn't start to help me for a few months (not sure why). I still have troubles here and there, but usually when I'm eating something I'm not or around my period time. I hope you feel better soon.

#38367 - 01/17/04 02:12 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Have you had an Abdominal CT scan? That can show up lots of things and covers a wide area that would include where your pain is. Also, an ultra sound of the gall bladder? The pain can exist ANYWHERE with that. Also a set of x-rays that run the entire length of the urinary tract system? .......

Just some ideas for tests here. I think you have us all baffled.

Sorry you've had such a rough time of it.

Kandee

--------------------

#38369 - 01/17/04 02:19 PM
broná

Thank you Kandee,yes it is confusing.After i have the scope done,camera down if nothing shows i am going for the ct scan.Ihave asked for the scan now but Doctor said scope first,i had this done i think one and a half years ago.Thank you for your input,very grateful.
Broná.

#38371 - 01/17/04 02:24 PM
broná

Thank you Dolphin,i can identify with you on the pressure feeling and it feels like Hiatus Hernia, but so far with tests it hasn't shown up,hopefully with the next few,if i am clear with everything when all tests are done i must be crazy.
Broná

#38419 - 01/17/04 05:44 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

I have a hiatal hernia too. My Gi said they are very common, and basically ignored unless you have symptoms. I take prilosec because I have started having trouble with reflux. I also have the left sided pain which my GI says is very common in IBS, but can offer no real explanation as to what causes it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2899 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1709

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review