All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pseudo d really need help
      #368381 - 11/01/12 07:10 AM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

So I am typically IBS c, I tend to have bm every other day and ussually don't go more then three days, earlier this week I went 4 days without any activity and when something did happen it was about 3 or 4 very hard stools, but a couple hours later it happened again and was worse, for the last two days I have been passing large amounts of clear mucus, wet gas and about every three hours I get abdominal cramping and nausea and urgency, I have to rush to the bathroom( almost didnt make it last night) and pass tons of mucus and then 3 or 4 tiney very formed stools, I am woken up 2 or 3 times a night to do this as well! It's awful, does anyone have any advice on this? I haven't taken Imodium because I know this isn't classic d I have no idea what to do,

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pseudo d really need help new
      #368382 - 11/01/12 07:21 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

It sounds like you are having bowel spams perhaps from foods you have eaten. Have you tried using the FODMAP diet in conjunction with Heather's diet? You may find it of some benefit. You can read about it in the first two links in my signature.

Also, it would help if you posted the meals and snacks you have eaten in the past 2-3 days. It may give us some clues for suggestions to help you.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#368383 - 11/01/12 08:15 AM
Dizzy

I am pretty much with the exception of wheat foodmap free I have been eating a bagle that has HFCs in it, but I have had it daily for literally 4 years, so would it cause this kind of dramatic problem now? Anyway I have eaten the exact same food everyday for the last two weeks,

Bagle tiny smudge of smart balance light dusting of cinnamon and suger
French bread slice ( bakery fresh, no HFCs no dairy, no eggs no artificial flavors or colors)
Instant mashed potatoes made with water, white steamed rice pinch of salt
French bread cream of rice cereal made with water pinch of salt

I have been eating this exact diet now for weeks with zero variation and as I said the bagle every morning for 4 years so any ideas are great

--------------------

#368384 - 11/01/12 09:29 AM
Syl

Try removing the bagel for a week and see what happens. As you know high fructose corn syrup can be a real problem for some even in small amounts.

Your diet is void of significant amounts of protein which is a serious deficiency. Is there a reason you have removed things like chicken breast, fish and seafood?

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

#368385 - 11/01/12 09:44 AM
Dizzy

Could I replace the bagel with a no HFCs brand like Thomas? Also as far as protein every time I eat lean meat ( and I really hate meat I have been veg off on on for the last ten years) I have d, even poached chicken or steam shrimp, I hate chicke, but would love to be able to eat turkey and seafood, but the reaction. Happens every time,

--------------------

#368386 - 11/01/12 11:56 AM
Syl

Sure - replace the bagel with a non HFCS bagel. If you are a vegetarian you need to figure out a way to get some protein and other nutrients. It is unhealthy eating the way you are currently eating for long periods of time. Perhaps you might speak to a dietitian or your doctor for more guidance.

--------------------

#368387 - 11/01/12 12:36 PM
Dizzy

I guess the real question today is
Am I having and attack and should stay with super safe food?
Or do I need to add stuff to get stable?
I am in behavior therapy for food phobia, so I know my diet needs to change but is this a stabilize with safe food situation, or add some food and things will normalize

--------------------

#368388 - 11/01/12 12:52 PM
Syl

That is a difficult question to answer. It sounds like your diet has been poor for some time. It could be your poor diet. What does your therapist think?

--------------------

#368389 - 11/01/12 02:30 PM
Dizzy

My therapist and I both agree and are working towards me eating normal other foods, but she wants to go insanely slowly, I have an intense phobia of eating something and it making me more sick, about a week and a half ago I had a couple boiled carrots, and did ok, felt about as sick as I always do, but that was during a time of my pseudo stability, ie constipated but going every day or other day, i have never had this pseudo d before so it feels like an attack to me, my therapist wants me to be cautious so that adding things is positive so I don't set myself back, but will this resolve back to c is what I'm wondering
Edited to add,
Syl thank you for taking the time to answer me today, I appreciate it and deeply respect your advice, I have two of the hfc bagels left, and then will replace with a no food map sub, I also will make it a goal this week to try bananas, I am thinking they may be a good addition

--------------------

Edited by Dizzy (11/01/12 05:45 PM)

Re: tofu? new
      #368409 - 11/04/12 09:52 AM
Susie1985

Reged: 05/04/11

If you don't like meat, how about eating tofu? Should be FODMAP and IBS-friendly and it is a whole protein.

Apart from that porridge has protein in it, I eat at least 200g (dry weight) every day that's 22g of protein, all essential proteins in there except for one or two.

--------------------
now: stable through EFI+FODMAP dieting (no lactose/no fructose/some fructans and some polyols)

before: IBS-D(pseudo-diarrhoea), bloating, often unbearable pain esp from too much fat: Apr 2007- Dec 2010

FODMAPs: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/072710p30.shtml

[I've tried VSL#3 -> I could tolerate v good amounts of IF (even with less SF), it worked great (but overall I find it too expensive)]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6089 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4660

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review