All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
seeing new GI doc next week
      #363018 - 01/19/11 04:54 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

and I am definitely asking her about FODMAP. I can't wait to hear what she says!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: seeing new GI doc next week new
      #363023 - 01/19/11 05:56 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

It might be helpful it you took a copy of this article Clinical Ramifications of Malabsorption of Fructose and Other Short-chain Carbohydrates published in Practical Gastroentrology or the second article in my signature which is the most recently published one. This way the GI doc will know exactly what you are talking about. You how they can sometimes brush off things the IBS patients say

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#363120 - 01/25/11 10:19 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I just want to report that my profiling for a doctor was unsuccessful. I didn't want to see my old GI doc again and wanted to try someone new so I picked a name from the best doctors magazine issue that was a female and relatively close. It was a disaster. She was terrible.
I am doing another gluten test and a fructose test on Thursday. Why did I never know you have to fast to do a fructose test? When those come back negative I will do a SIBO test and then start on Nortriptaline at a low dose. I might switch docs at that clinic right away so my results are with someone else. I usually get respect from a doctor because I ask for it, but not with this troll.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#363121 - 01/25/11 11:11 AM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

Sorry to hear that! I was just emailing with a good friend of mine who is also trying to find a good dr....we both also use alternative things and trying to find someone who will even listen to my IBS complaints and then add alternative ideas....well....seems almost impossible to find Hope you have better luck.

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

#363534 - 02/20/11 10:36 PM
hudlander

Reged: 09/26/10

LM...many things.

1) Why are you seeing a GI again? I thought you were doing well and had made peace with GI docs when you said you were told by your last one there was really nothing more that could be done?

2) Not surprised your GI doctor sucked....a good GI doc for IBS is few and far inbetween.

3) How has your IBS-A and B been> Can you elobrate on your symptoms? Do you have days with runny stools, 3+ BMs, followed by 1-2 days of no BMs, and with constant bloating/distension?

Have you actually seen significant improvement? If so, with what has helped?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 794 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2292

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review