All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is this bacon horrible, if not good?
      #362998 - 01/19/11 05:14 AM
NASCARAFN161

Reged: 01/09/11

I've read here and in a book that turkey meats are a good substitute for other meats from mostly cows, red meat, etc. Another thing I've been eating fir a very, very long time is Oscar Mayer's Turkey Bacon. And, this might be the wierdest thing you guys ever hear, I eat it with Welch's Jam by dipping like nachoes! Boy, I can't describe how good it tastes, but I want to know if turkey bacon, especially OM's, and possibly Welch's Jam (but I highly doubt it), is bad for IBS. I've heard to grease amount in the turkey bacon OM makes is ravenously low. (nice vocab there, eh? ) Though there's some fat in OM's turkey bacon, is it really dangerous for IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is this bacon horrible, if not good? new
      #363001 - 01/19/11 05:33 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

I have had the turkey bacon and it has not given me any problems. I would just maybe watch how much of it you're eating. Eat it in moderation. The jam has high fructose corn syrup in it so you may want to be careful with that. It may give you trouble. I use Smuckers simply fruit. I would avoid the ones with seeds if possible because that could give you some trouble. I use the raspberry seedless kind. I eat that just about every day on a plain bagel.

#363002 - 01/19/11 06:02 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Check the ingredients of Welsh's grape jam to make sure it does not contains high fructose corn syrup like many of their other products. High fructose corn syrup can be an IBS trigger. Look for a jam that is made only with natural fruit and sugar.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#363009 - 01/19/11 09:51 AM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

one suggestion, eat it with toast, or a bagel add a soluble fiber base and make sure your not overeating it, as far as the high fructose corn syrup, like they said it can be a trigger, I find if I don't go wild with it doesn't effect me.

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3889 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3102

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review