All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
egg whites
      #362787 - 01/05/11 05:54 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Just found out I have an allergy to egg yolk and especially the Whites. This explains alot. I hear that more people actually have a reaction to the protein in the egg whites- why do we assume this is safe for IBS? I avoid alot of the foods with eggs anyways becasue I have been avoiding egg yolk- but I was eating some egg white products like meringue cookies and fluff.. does anyone know of other products that may contain egg whites or a derivative of eggs that I should avoid? There are ceratin ingredients like albumin for example that should be avoided. MOst of the ingredients dont look familiar to me but maybe just becuase I assumed they were safe.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: egg whites new
      #362788 - 01/05/11 06:28 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Since eggs are one of the eight major allergens I believe the USDA Food Allergen Labeling Regulations require products contains eggs yolks or whites to given on the list of ingredients. Check item #10.

Did you have a food allergy tests from certified allergy doctor? If no, what sort of test did you have?

Egg whites are assume to be safe for IBS because IBS is not caused by food allergies. The proteins in egg whites and yolks are not considered to be IBS triggers. The fat in egg yolks can be a problem because fat is a trigger.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1677 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1191

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review