All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
janey,SYL
      #357459 - 04/06/10 05:17 PM

Unregistered

sorry just want something to work fast to get all these ibs triggers out of my body and the truth is I want something fast to do it too,I'm under alot of sress right now and all I want is relief then will keep following the diet after a bottle of citrate..My dad and sister are in jail right now,plus work is stressful so is my ibs freaking out and it kept me up most of the night. would it be so horrid to take the mag?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

aperson new
      #357463 - 04/06/10 05:39 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I just posted to you on the diet board.

I am sorry you are going through so much stress right now. Stress is one of our biggest enemies when it comes to controling our symptoms.

It is very important that you take care of yourself right now. I know it is upsetting what your Dad and sister are going through but you have to put your health first. During this difficult time try not to give into temptation and eat something that you know will make you feel sick and make your symptoms worse.

I think taking something so that you have several days of D may cause more stress on your body and make you feel worse. I have days where I feel like I still have to go but honestly I would rather have that and go several times during the day than not being able to get off the toilet with an attack of D.

Maria - you really need to find something to get your mind off of going to the bathroom and IBS. Do you live in a neighborhood where you can walk outside during the day?

Would you be up for honestly posting here what you eat during the day? Sometimes it does help to have to be accountable for what you are eating and if you know you are going to post it might help you from giving in and eating something you shouldn't.

You power through your symptoms and go to work in the evening. I would love to see you get to the point where you can do the same thing when you aren't working. Sometimes when you are faced with a situation away from home you have to think, What is the worse that could happen? If the answer is you have to find a bathroom while out shopping or at the movies then it is not that big of deal. Every time we go to Lowe's my husband has to go to the bathroom and he doesn't have IBS. It has become a big joke now.

--------------------
Janey

aperson new
      #357464 - 04/06/10 05:47 PM
Janey

I am sorry you are going through so much stress right now. Stress is one of our biggest enemies when it comes to controling our symptoms.

It is very important that you take care of yourself right now. I know it is upsetting what your Dad and sister are going through but you have to put your health first. During this difficult time try not to give into temptation and eat something that you know will make you feel sick and make your symptoms worse.

I think taking something so that you have several days of D may cause more stress on your body and make you feel worse. I have days where I feel like I still have to go but honestly I would rather have that and go several times during the day than not being able to get off the toilet with an attack of D.

Maria - you really need to find something to get your mind off of going to the bathroom and IBS. Do you live in a neighborhood where you can walk outside during the day?

Would you be up for honestly posting here what you eat during the day? Sometimes it does help to have to be accountable for what you are eating and if you know you are going to post it might help you from giving in and eating something you shouldn't.

You power through your symptoms and go to work in the evening. I would love to see you get to the point where you can do the same thing when you aren't working. Sometimes when you are faced with a situation away from home you have to think, What is the worse that could happen? If the answer is you have to find a bathroom while out shopping or at the movies then it is not that big of deal. Every time we go to Lowe's my husband has to go to the bathroom and he doesn't have IBS. It has become a big joke now.

--------------------
Janey

Re: aperson new
      #357465 - 04/06/10 06:04 PM

Unregistered

if I stick to diet now by the time I have 3 days off in a row,if I get it,all bad food will be out of my system anyway,Lol. I don't power through my syptoms I work late at night cuz during the day is when I'm stuck in the bathroom and I go to work and not talk to anyone cuz I don't feel good and I never work early or stay late nor work for anyone else. I just have a job to pay for my prescription,food,supplements,cell phone watever I"m often in tears as soon as I'm off work cuz I was holding it in on my shift

#357467 - 04/06/10 06:13 PM
Janey

What are you symptoms at work? Are you in pain or are you worried about having to go to the bathroom? You do power through because you go to work even though you are feeling bad.

--------------------
Janey

#357487 - 04/07/10 07:36 AM

Unregistered

I get really uncomfortable feelings and like huge balls of gas moving through me often coming out but mostl being suck and trapped. spasms, tons of bloating and distention,mucus coming out once in a while when I relsease gas.

#357488 - 04/07/10 09:39 AM
Janey

When you first started following the EFI diet did you begin with Break The Cycle, and then move on to gradually adding safe foods to your diet? Why don't you try to go back to the beginning with Break The Cycle. Get your belly stablized and then slowly add safe foods. Do you have Heather's books?

--------------------
Janey

#357492 - 04/07/10 11:08 AM

Unregistered

I don't remember what I did,but yes have had the books for years..will see how I do I was looking at catalist U seems like it would help ibs and danadivine said it helps..but not buying it right now perhaps in the future but want syl's opinion 2

#357507 - 04/07/10 12:38 PM
Janey

I only asked about the books because sometimes I will go back and re-read the parts about diet and what to eat.

I really think it would help you to start over with your diet. Get your diet straight before you add anything new.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 494 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5104

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review