Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
how made it that
      #355367 - 02/07/10 12:17 PM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

well you all no i have been so stressed out and bloated constipation bad
i am still so so but 70% better today
last night i when to stay at my dads cos i was so upset i was relaxed and happy at his and we had nice night we have veg soup and just a nice night
i woke to day really late i slept for once and then i had the biggest BM ever and i feel so good am back at home alone now am felling stressed and unhappy but trying not to be cos i feel the more i do then wont be happy like to day
so stress it Defoe part of ibs

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: how made it that new
      #355368 - 02/07/10 12:57 PM

Unregistered

so glad you had a bm Also,you are happy at your dad's house? who do you live with?

#355369 - 02/07/10 01:08 PM
julieb123

syl last night i felt so happy as could be
i live alone i have done for lone time because they say for a anorixa to get well you have to learn to cook and look after your self so my mum and dad made me move out when i was 21 am 29 now i still havent quite got there i did move back for a while i was run over laster year and broke back am on now never worked out over my eating pattens i 70% better now but cant o home as my mum has vascula dementia and alzhimers and theres no room to

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#355373 - 02/07/10 01:56 PM

Unregistered

if you don't mind me asking,how can you live alone and not work,do you have disability money? so you really feel you are making progress? who ran over you? Maybe you will keep getting better.

#355374 - 02/07/10 01:59 PM
julieb123

thats i lot of questions i dont no who run me over cos i can never know i was baddly hurt and as for geting better this happens all the time am of for few days then back bad

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#355377 - 02/07/10 06:44 PM
Thai

Reged: 10/04/09

I almost hesitate to mention this BUT I have read all your posts and from what "I am reading, your anorexia is your biggest problem.
And once you get that under control, maybe a lot of the IBS issues will resolve themselves.

Many many people have told you what to do or try and you give nothing a fair shot, before you are back on here saying it isn't working!!

In most of these treatments, you must give your system time to adjust and one meal does not make for an adjustment....sorry. and neither does 1 day!

IBS is a bad enough issue to deal with but in combination with anaorexia, you have your work cut out for you, for sure.

I would suggest you frequent an eating disorder board and get that part of your problems addressed and then go on to the IBS. You CAN NOT be jumping all over the place and expect to get results.

Of course all of this is just MHO and I do wish you the best.

--------------------
IBS-D

#355383 - 02/08/10 04:33 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Perhaps you missed the postings about Julie being under the care of a group at the South Manchester Functional Bowel Service headed by Prof Whorwell. This group specializes in functional gastrointestinal disorders(FGID), including IBS, and individuals with FGID and eating disorders. If you are interested in reading one of Prof Whorwell's papers on IBS and eating disorders see the reference below.

Reference
Guthrie, E. A., Creed, F., & Whorwell, P., J. (1990). Eating disorders in patients with the irritable bowel syndrome: a comparison with inflammatory bowel disease and peptic ulceration . European Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, 2, 471-473

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

I totally agree new
      #355384 - 02/08/10 08:18 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I have been thinking this same thing for a long time. Until Julie goes to someone who specializes in eating disorders and starts getting weekly therapy for it, or even hospitalization, she will never recover from IBS. It just isn't possible. That's a fact. Eating Disorders cause Digestive Problems. And you can't overcome your IBS until you address your Eating Disorder. That has to come first or you will always have problems with IBS.

And not eating enough or often enough can be just as triggering to your IBS as much as ice cream, pizza, and all those other no touch foods.

Re: I totally agree new
      #355386 - 02/08/10 09:30 AM
julieb123

all am going to say to this is that am really up set that you would say i need hospitalization and that my anorexia is strong and then when am better i wont have ibs sooooooooooooo not true yes i have suffered for years and still to but i have been in 4 hospitals and always can out getting sick more and for the last 3 years i have kept my self out of hospital and ate thats why my tummy's bad cos i eat
if that's why the only people on this boat when me are syl windchimes aperson and a few other so all you must really hate and not really have read any think about me am so sorry if i post same things all time am a very depressed and scared girl and thought i have a friends on this board
if you all want me to leave the board i will do

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#355387 - 02/08/10 09:39 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I'm sorry you interpreted my post in such a defensive way. We are only trying to help you, Julie. And I never said your IBS would go away if you overcame your eating disorder. I just said that unless you overcome your Eating Disorder, you will always have IBS problems.

I also said you may need hospitalization. I have no idea what state you are presently in, but from all your posts, it sounded like you are pretty invested in your eating disorder. Take this as a supportive thing because we all want you to get relief.

And as far as the Eating Disorder, I speak from experience. When I was hospitalized, I was forced to eat all types of foods that I normally wouldn't (yogurt, meats, egg yolks, etc) Yet I had never felt better with my IBS. It helped me so much to be eating normally. Yes, I still have IBS Overcoming an ED will not make the IBS go away...but may lessen the intensity. I'm sorry you are so upset. My post was not meant to hurt you, only to give you my honest opinion. That's all I have to say.
People need to post honest thoughts and advice, which you can take or leave.

Edited by Cyndy (02/08/10 10:01 AM)

#355388 - 02/08/10 09:56 AM
julieb123

ok thank i understand it just if feels like everywere i g my ed is there talking point even at home i hate my ed i really to it scares me
cyndy
am i geting this right you have a ed to cos you said when you was in hospital

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#355391 - 02/08/10 11:37 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Dr Whorewell, is one of the top GI doctors in the UK and a recognized expert on IBS.

Julie you should recognized that when you were happy and not under staress you felt better. Do you also see a psychologist? CBT is something that could also really help you after your done with the HT.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#355392 - 02/08/10 11:58 AM
julieb123

no i dont i wish i did i wish i was well and happy and safe and had a flat tummy
i am in a bad way today and cant cope i have gained 3 pounds some times i no its water but i just like weight be the same i feel i really need to go back gym 24.7 but i no i cant cos pains in my back and tummy

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#355405 - 02/08/10 07:03 PM
Thai

Julie,

Please don't take our posts this way.
I agree with Cyndy...you need to address the eating disorder before you can address the IBS. That is just a fact of life.

You say you have been in 4 hospitals and yet you are still having eating disorders. Obviously you did not get the help you need.

Who in the world said anything about hating you??
That is so far form the truth!
I would not take the time to post to you if I hated you Julie.
My words are meant to help you...that is all.
And yes, I have read EVERYTHING there is to read about you and it seems your concerns are gaining weight, looking fat, bloated tummy and so on.
I get that you are scared and depressed and you seem to be making no headway here on this board, which is why I suggested you go to an Eating Disorder Board for your front line help.

Why would you say you have no friends on this board?
Because we care enough to offer another way????

--------------------
IBS-D

#355412 - 02/09/10 02:13 AM
julieb123

am so sorry you are all so kind i am just feeling so sorry for my self at the mo i hate my self and the fact i cant get well or see a patten and work out whats makeing my ibs bad or cause my attacs i no my ed is more strong and it killing me and my life i just no as soon as feel better i have flare but i think am doing ok on soya then bad am ok on goats them back i only have rice creals am just fed up and confused

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#355453 - 02/09/10 03:56 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Julie, may I ask you a question here? You seem obsessed with the milk question. Which milk to drink...goat, soya, rice, almond etc? I advised and I believe Syl did too, to just omit all milks from your diet for a time, and then reintroduce and see how you feel.

I am sorry, I do not mean to sound harsh, but I don't get why you are so stuck on milks. I think you have bigger issues than milks. If you don't want to totally remove the different types of milks from your diet for a period of time, then at least listen to the team of docs that you have working with you.

The others are right. You have to give it time and stick with something to see how it is working, and move on from there. You can't keep jumping around and expect positive change and outcomes.

And please, just drop the milk question for awhile. Maybe you are one of those people that cannot consume any kind of milk. There are other ways to moisten your foods, if needed. And there is so much more to diet than cereals and milks.

#355458 - 02/09/10 04:50 PM
Thai

And there is so much more to IBS than the foods we consume or don't consume.

--------------------
IBS-D

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2522 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5930

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review