All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
please help
      #354117 - 01/06/10 01:11 PM

Unregistered

My mom was yelling at me because I didn't open my door when she wanted me to I was cramped over feeling hot like I was getting sick. She swore and yelled and said she wouldn't take me to work. She told me not to give her bs about how a doctor can't help me. She said I was going to die from this I've explained ibs so many times,when she sees how uncomfortable I am,she gets angry and tells me to go to a doctor. What is something simple I can email her to explain a doctor's prescriptions and surgery can't help ibs?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: please help new
      #354120 - 01/06/10 01:18 PM
jhuggs

Reged: 03/18/09
Loc: Erie, PA

Can you direct her to this site...let her find out for herself? Maybe that would help.

--------------------
IBS-D & bloating.

#354122 - 01/06/10 01:22 PM

Unregistered

don't think she's going to sift through all the tons of info,perhaps if I post something a leading doctor on ibs saying surgery and doctor visits don't help ibs.

#354123 - 01/06/10 01:22 PM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

i understand i wish people that never had ibs understood i really do
maybe you can print her some stuff of line and give to her to read or a book
i do hope you get pain free i really do my dad don't understand to he says just eat what you want cos what ever i eat am in pain
xxxxxxxxxxxx hope you fine piece i really do

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#354125 - 01/06/10 01:33 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Sometimes when people are worried or scared it comes out as anger. It is possible that your Mom is very worried about you and instead of saying that she gets angry and yells.

You could direct her to this site or if you have any of Heather's books maybe your Mom would read the section that talks about IBS and what it is.

--------------------
Janey

#354126 - 01/06/10 01:39 PM

Unregistered

no,I know her,when she is having a bad day or a problem,or just in some kind of mood like if her back pain is really bothering her she seems to be consumed in that and thinks she is right and I'm wrong.

when she was yelling at me to own my bedroom door she was saying "I want to check my email" "I know you can hear me" "don't make me beg,I'm not standing here all day" she pounded and pounded and said I needed and attitude change,I was leaning over like I was going to throw up,I get really hot and shaky and then burp and toot and feel a little better,it's the most awful feeling.

I really don't think she will sit down and read it,even if she did,she would never get it out of her head that a doctor's prescription or some surgery will help. I've been talking to my parents for years and they just yell at me to see a doctor. Perhaps there are some good quotes I can email her like a ibs expert that says prescriptions and surgery won't help.

Edited by aperson (01/06/10 01:42 PM)

#354131 - 01/06/10 01:55 PM
jhuggs

Reged: 03/18/09
Loc: Erie, PA

I agree w/Janey. If she won't go on-line do you have any of Heather's book's - you could show her some of the info from the books...?

--------------------
IBS-D & bloating.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5049 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4406

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review