All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Any Explanation As To Why IBS-C Is As Bad As It Was Pre-EFI?
      #354066 - 01/05/10 10:07 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

I never have had my IBS symptoms, constipation, irregularity, and awful bloating, this bad since before I cam to Heather's site.

The only time I can remember having symptoms to this extent...were I go irregularly...and with poor stool movements...and in between stool movements I feel completely bloated and backed up...was back when I was eating cheese and not on Heather's diet.

This is beyond excruciating...I spend so much time and effort working on limiting my IBS symptoms...because when my IBS is bad...it completely destroys my physical appearance which I work so hard on at the gym.

I go to the gym, I lift weights, to get a clean, cut body.
Yet during times like this, even with my 8.3% bodyfat....I am so bloated you'd think I was an out of shape couch potatoe who was pregnant.

1) I'd just really like know WHY the suffering is going on and WHAT I can do...WHEN it will stop.

I have been following IBS rules for 5 years and it never has gotten to this extent and for this length of time.
Usually I might have a relapse but by now, the body has recovered and bounced back to relative comfort.
This time around, that is not the case.

Now if I did a colon cleanse or something I can see.
The only thing I did was:

1) Prep for bacterial test (no probiotic for 2 week and no benefiber for 1 week)....and this test was a month ago

2) Switched to Align for 1.5 week after the test was done. After which for the last week I have been back on Jarrowdophillus Acidophillus.
-I also tinkered and went off Oat Bran for a week...but have been back on Oat and Bran and applesauce for a week.

I would have figured with almost a week supplementing and easting "back to normal" my body would be almost recovered.
It's not.
bloated like I am pregnant or just ate a pizza.
I just do not get why after all these years I am in such a desperate state.

I'd feel better if I knew this was just due to the combo of prepping for my test+taking align and that all should subside soon.
I'm just not getting that signal and it is very distressing.

I do not know who to turn to?
I'm at a loss and don't know if this is something which will run it's course, if I need to see a doctor (and even then...what kind of DR.? Should I even see an MD or a homepathic?)

1) WHY am I this way and WHY is it not recovering like it always has the past 5 years?
-Is the test prep+Align trial and will it subside?

2) If not...what?

3) What else can I do...I can't live this not knowing why I am in such a slump and if/when if ever I will recover.

If I ate pizza I could understand...I say to myself I feel like crap because I ate pizza and I will need to ride it out for a week.
But this...I can't pinpoint it and I don't have that assurance that I will recover.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Any Explanation As To Why IBS-C Is As Bad As It Was Pre-EFI? new
      #354144 - 01/06/10 07:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

First of all, can you try to keep your question in one thread so we don't post the same answers all over?

Second C is tougher than D I grant you. But you have to take more soluble fiber supplement! I have seen that cure C for people with horrible C before (like my SIL). Lately I have been more C too- maybe winter?- and upped my water and acacia. Problem solved.
From experience I have seen so many people think they are following the EFI diet but they are only really doing the break the cycle along with a bunch of bad foods. You have to eat more IF in your meals, especially watery IF like fruits and veggies (see my other post).
However, as I tried to type up tonight, bloating isn't always curable. If you have bad IBS you might have to live with it to some extent. It is hard to cope with that when young and single. It sounds like your bloating bothers your vanity as much as being uncomfortable. Go running shirtless in the morning when not bloated and hide it in the afternoon. Hey I sometimes can't button my pants back up after peeing at work in the afternoon. I focus on being 'in shape' and knowing I could hike some skinny person into the ground.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#354288 - 01/08/10 03:05 PM
Naturapanic

The last two days have been better.
You want to know what happened?
Two nights ago, I started to have some gas and boom...my stomach felt much better.
It's still not great...but it is a whole lot better than before.
My stool movements are about the same.

Now I have been having more fruit..and I did take some lactulose my doctor prescribed.

However...to me...this says that my bloating WAS caused by having trapped gas.
Also of note...this happened Wednesday night...about a week after Align was stopped...I went back to taking jarrowdophillus and having Oat Bran+Applesauce for breakfast.

So we can conclude my bloating WAS due to trapped gas.

1) Having come to this conclusion....is there anything you can recommend so I can continue to allieve symptoms.
2) Do you beleive that the GI prep for test+changing away from Oat Bran and going on Align instead of Jarrow caused this?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#354311 - 01/08/10 05:03 PM
Little Minnie

Trapped gas definitely does cause bloating. When I get 'trapped' around people for some time, when I get alone I can sometimes fart for a minute straight. I can feel my gut go down after a few of those!

The best thing for that is to somehow get out walking alone sometime in the day and let it out. The walking around helps with the 'trapped' part along with fennel tea and SFS to keep things moving.

I don't recall what your prep entailed.
I had some issues on Align but I can't remember what they were. I know I posted about it here but too lazy to search!
Stopping the oat bran is taking away IF and you should replace it along with more fiber supplement but in a way safer than bran.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#354350 - 01/09/10 04:04 PM
Naturapanic

To "prep" for the breathe test it entailed going off Jarrowdophillus for 2 weeks and off Benefiber for one week.

Would herbal cammeal tea work...or does nothing do the trick like fennel tea?
-How much per day?

What about Club Soday/Ginger Ale?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#354358 - 01/09/10 07:36 PM
Little Minnie

Why did you have to stop your SFS? Yes that would do it! One day isn't a big deal of missed SFS but more than that will make you C and may take some days to get back on track.

See post on herbs

--------------------

#354363 - 01/09/10 07:53 PM
Naturapanic

I had to for the test...but that was a month ago.
I should be fine by now.
I've been back on the SFS for a month.

Which herb post?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5003 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2479

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review