All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What am I craving?
      #352816 - 11/28/09 11:37 AM

Unregistered

I feel like I need something or I'm craving something but I don't know if its food related or other. Maybe it's giving up mcdonalds food and red meat and such? Maybe this lowfat diet is making me lose some weight? Maybe its the cold weather or the fat that its almost that time of the month? I've been eating lots of choclate chips latly cuz its chocolate,but right now I don't care about it..but when I woke up I wanted chocolate soy milk and soy ice cream and now I just don't know except that I feel not fully satisfied.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What am I craving? new
      #352819 - 11/28/09 12:10 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I hate when I have days like that when my body is craving something but nothing I eat satisfies the craving.

I wish you luck figuring out what you want to eat!

--------------------
Janey

WHAT... Actually eating McD's food! new
      #352825 - 11/28/09 12:47 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I knew you worked at McD's, though I never realized you were actually eating their food. I think you just found your answer to your symptoms... red meat and greasy foods!... and chocolate chips on top of that!

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Re: WHAT... Actually eating McD's food! new
      #352826 - 11/28/09 01:14 PM

Unregistered

no,I used to eat there.haven't since the 20th. I know its all out of me because I only had a few fries,and like 3 nuggests
yes I snack on dairy free choc. chips.

Edited by aperson (11/28/09 01:23 PM)

#352829 - 11/28/09 02:12 PM
Windchimes

aperson...

I in no way intend to be harsh here. Even so, you have been around these boards for more than 3 years now. You cannot eat a few McD's french fries, nuggets, nor dairy-free chocolate chips if you hope to overcome symptoms on any permanent basis. Supplements aren't going to help you if you cannot or will not follow an IBS diet 24/7.

I sometimes have wondered if you even really have IBS, but instead very poor eating habits and lack of consistency. Such would cause ANYONE to have bowel problems, absent IBS.

I encourage you to go back to basics and take a lunch with you of safe foods to work, and skip your free meal at McD's as an employee. In fact, you would probably be better off working at Taco Bell, as their food is not perfect but there are some relatively IBS safe foods if you request that they leave off some things and you avoid the beef.

Perhaps it is time to seek another job, as seeing and smelling McD's food for 8 hours (or more) is just too much. Actually the thought of such makes me want to vomit, to be honest.

There are even coffee shops open all night that are often seeking evening employees.

You gotta make some changes SOMEWHERE, and if you don't, these boards really cannot help you at all! Are you aware that redundant questions and constant excuses can be extremely draining on others participating here?

It's better spending the time learning from what is already posted, and follow the program.

--------------------

#352830 - 11/28/09 02:34 PM

Unregistered

yes I need to follow the diet better,and i havent had any ibs triggers for like a week now. I do have ibs,I do eat healthy, I make heather's recipes,eat fat free saltines and pretzels,I dont eat any candy except those soft bob's pepermint candies which are ibs safe and all natual pepermint altoids,only thing I drink is heather's tea,rice milk,soy milk,naturally caffeine free teas,I eat small meals and snack during the day. You can't tell me all the gas,bloating,spasms,and mucus,and cramping is that I may be a regual person with bad eating habits causing my bowel problems 24/7.

What does "regual" person mean? new
      #352833 - 11/28/09 03:09 PM
Windchimes

I have not a clue what a "regual" person means. That word is not in the dictionary. All I know is that the posts you submit are frequently contradictory and excusatory, never mind extremely redundant. This can get somewhat "wearing" on other more serious members sharing with and ultimately actually helping one another find solutions and further meaningful education.

I attempt to ignore your posts, though sometimes there are so many about the same old things that someone needs to reach out to you realistically.

I have come to realize that some people just don't want to hear the truth, and they seem to think creating the same problems and asking the same questions some 'guru' will appear, bringing much-needed personal attention, and then by some outside miracle provide answers outside of themselves and their own need for change and disciplined obedience to the program. We are not psychotherapists here.

I truly wish you the very best.

--------------------

Re: What does "regual" person mean? new
      #352849 - 11/28/09 09:15 PM

Unregistered

could you not look past the spelling error that I meant regular person,as I meant they don't have ibs? but thanks for your post anyway.

Response to 'aperson' new
      #352850 - 11/29/09 03:51 AM
Windchimes

Sorry, I really was not picking on you nor otherwise. I honestly could not figure out what 'regual' (ree-goo-al) was supposed to mean or interpret to, including a spelling error. Some things that are obvious to some, are not that obvious to others.

--------------------

Re: What does "regual" person mean? new
      #352852 - 11/29/09 06:58 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Do you have Google?
If so before you post your comments hit the ABC check.
It will correct your mistakes.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 986 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8578

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review