All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
SOY MILK
      #34927 - 01/02/04 04:37 PM
bearyd

Reged: 12/02/03
Loc: fl

Ok...so I tried the vanilla Silk. I was semi ok with the taste but the texture really got me. It was sorta...I don't know thicker or slimier than what I am used to with milk. I used to drink 1% milk, so it was very thin. Can anyone tell me which soy milk they prefer and why? My grocery store also carries Vitasoy and Soydream. I know it is trial and error but opinions matter most!

--------------------
Carrie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SOY MILK new
      #34929 - 01/02/04 04:41 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

You might try rice milk - it's very thin. I think they try to make soy milk approximate whole milk (and soy milk does naturally have some fat in it). Rice milk is totally fat free and very much like 2% or even skim milk in texture (though not in taste).

Either that, or try one of the fat-free soy milks - it will be thinner. I think Pacific makes some.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#34941 - 01/02/04 05:38 PM
barb n

Reged: 10/14/03

The Silk chocolate soymilk is very amazingly good - more so than the vanilla, i think. Heather's idea to try rice milk for a thinner drink is good, or low-fat or no-fat soymilk. Trader Joe makes a no-fat brand, and they also have a strawberry flavor which i think is delicious. They also make rice milk. There is alot of variation in rice and soy milk with different brands, flavors, amount of fat, and sweetness. So you really have to do alot of sampling to find what appeals to you the most personally. Good luck and hang in there.

#34953 - 01/02/04 08:27 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Silk soymilks are definitely thicker than a lot of other brands. Personally, I prefer Vitasoy Lite Vanilla. It has the same amount of fat as 1% milk, and is about the same consistency. Plus I think it's delicious! Good luck finding a brand you really like!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#34961 - 01/02/04 11:58 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Hon, If you like thin milk you'll love Rice milk. It reminds me of chalky water, yet that's what I drink. Original Rice Dream has 2 grams of fat per serving, from the safflower oil but they make a fat free version and there are other brands that vary in thinness. Then there is Better than Milk, in soy or rice version (thanks to Kree mentioning earlier on this board) that is dry and you could mix it as thin or as thick as you like.
Kandee

--------------------

#34964 - 01/03/04 06:06 AM
Lizzypoo

Reged: 01/03/04

oh hi i am new and would like to post something but idon't know where togo to post a new one. thanks
very informative about the soy milk. i drink silk.

Re: Lizzypoo - posting new
      #34970 - 01/03/04 07:45 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

oh hi i am new and would like to post something but idon't know where togo to post a new one. thanks
very informative about the soy milk. i drink silk.

Hi! Just go to the forum you'd like to post in ( Eating for IBS Diet Board for example), then across the top of the list of topics, you'll see a menu for "Post, Previous, Index, etc." Go to post, and follow from there.

#34972 - 01/03/04 08:15 AM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

You could also try rice milk which has a similar consistency to regular milk and a milder taste than soy milk.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1327

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review