All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Can I text someone?
      #349103 - 08/16/09 07:41 AM

Unregistered

I made 2 videos of my stomach noises..I was hoping someone could relate,I wonder if there is anyone who sounds is bad as me..or perhaps have advice for it or perhaps only at certain times you get this..thanks.

my number is 701-570-76-83 If you send me a text be sure to say your from the ibs boards and,let me know if I may send you 2 video texts,I'm on verizon.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can I text someone? new
      #349104 - 08/16/09 09:38 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I am sorry to have to say this, but your requests are a bit strange at times. First you take pics of your stools and want people to view them, and then you want to send videos of your stomach noises. What next?

I don't think anyone on here wants to listen/view either, but I could be wrong. Why don't you just come to the understanding that IBS in general makes strange noises and strange stools, and that is just the way it is?

It is normal new
      #349105 - 08/16/09 09:49 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Next time you see you GP have him/her let you listen in the stethoscope - the thing used to listed to your heart, lung and abdomen. You will hear it is a noisy place that sounds a lot like water. Here is a description of the sounds produced by the intestine in the abdomen. They say "Since the intestines are hollow, bowel sounds can echo throughout the abdomen much like the sounds heard from water-pipes." You are wasting your time listening to noises in your abdomen. It is a very noisy place and only a professional medical person can interrupt these sounds.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#349106 - 08/16/09 09:50 AM

Unregistered

I do feel stupid and regret that post about my stools..well I've cut out all mcdonalds and have been eating for ibs..things have gotten worse. and stomach noises/gurgling water rushing sounds way louder too..I was just hoping someone could relate becaue these noises are grossing out my mom and my bofriend made a disgusted "uhh" and said it sounded sickening..he wasn't be rude about it or anything,just genuine grossed out.

#349109 - 08/16/09 11:19 AM
Gerikat

No, I don't feel you are stupid. Not at all. Don't take my post that way. I just agree with Syl, that some things are better left to a professional. And sometimes it can be a little TMI with your posts, but I mean no offense, just being honest.

#349110 - 08/16/09 11:28 AM

Unregistered

For some reason I'd feel better if someone listened,could I send it to u?

If you have concerns talk to a doctor -nt- new
      #349111 - 08/16/09 11:58 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: If you have concerns talk to your doctor -nt- new
      #349112 - 08/16/09 12:05 PM

Unregistered

Sorry no doctor in this town has helped me...and I have no money,almost broke without insurance and no time or money to see a crappy doctor in this town.

#349116 - 08/16/09 08:25 PM
Gerikat

No, you can't send it to me. But, just realize that noises are not going to kill you. They are just that, noises. I couldn't diagnose you, or even give you an idea what is going on. Why don't you follow the link that Syl gave you, and maybe you will find peace of mind there?

#349125 - 08/17/09 09:43 AM

Unregistered

ok,I looked and I know it's related to my ibs..but it is uncomfortable. I was just wondering if there is anyone else who gets this noises just by pushing in certain areas and other people can hear it,and it grosses them out alot.

#349127 - 08/17/09 10:28 AM
Gerikat

Well, just don't push your stomach in those areas. Don't focus so much on every little thing going on with your belly.

And, it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, because you cannot help it, so they will either have to deal with it or leave the room.

#349129 - 08/17/09 11:04 AM

Unregistered

I find when it's really bad and loud if I lay down and push my cellphone into certain places I release a ton of gas..sometimes it's silent air,but lots of it,and other's it's silent then loud at the end,or sometimes it's really loud. Does anyone else experience that..I kinda have a bruise,but it doen't feel like anything..it's from pushing on that spot to relieve the gas..it's the only way..I drink heather's fennel tea and do what I'm supposed to..but thats the only way that's been helping.

Post what you eat new
      #349131 - 08/17/09 01:32 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

The last time I looked at a post about what you ate I thought you weren't eating enough nor were you getting a enough SF from your food.

Also see a doctor if your concerned about the noises. You have had offers from family in the past to help with med expenses in the past. Check out ratemydoctor to find one with a good review.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Re: Post what you eat new
      #349132 - 08/17/09 01:34 PM
glasgowgirl

Also try to keep some food in you during the day. Snacking on fresh white bread works particularly well.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#349134 - 08/17/09 02:37 PM

Unregistered

do people with ibs d ever get alot of symptoms to the left under the rib cage..if I push on my left side,directly under my left ribcake actually a tiny bit on it...and push it's like a big ball of something that jerks downwards and I can do it several times in a row..I took a picture of wher it is,if someone would be willing to let me text the the picture..

#349135 - 08/17/09 02:58 PM
glasgowgirl

No idea none of here are medical professionals and we cannot make diagnosis via pictures. You have to see a doctor if your worried about these symptoms.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#349144 - 08/17/09 09:02 PM

Unregistered

I'm sure It's just the nature of my ibs..I was just wondering if anyone else had it as bad as me.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2392 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8566

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review