All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
who has lots of bm's a day but its not D?
      #348192 - 07/18/09 08:54 AM

Unregistered

hyperdefication..lots of bm's a day but not diarreah? I had 10bm's yesterday. If I don't have alot everyday I feel awful like stuff is stuck inside me. I only get relief when sitting down. is this typical? Also during the day I have to push on myself and relsease gigantic farts..never smelly though..I must do this as soon as I get home from work becaue I feel crappy standing on my feet all day and only release a little gas once or twice then when home relsease really loud bouts.

If I get rid of every little not ibs safe food and eat small meals and lose some weight..do you think I could go down to just a couple large bm's a day then be done with the bathroom for the day?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: who has lots of bm's a day but its not D? new
      #348194 - 07/18/09 09:18 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Hyperdefication is quite common in IBS. It is called IBS-D even though there is no diarrhea. There are many people on the board with this symptom.

If you eat safe foods for at least 6 months - without falling off the wagon - you are likely to find that your BMs will be relatively well formed. The frequency of BM should decrease. However, every time you cheat on the diet you will be set back!!!

Have you ever been diagnosed with IBS by a GI doctor?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#348198 - 07/18/09 09:34 AM

Unregistered

Well I had all the tests done that heather lists in order to rule out other things. I've had a barium enema maybe thats a GI doctor? It's been so long and no doctor has ever helped me,except to figure out wat was wrong. I took amitiza when I first got ibs..seemed to help a little,but sometimes it makes everythingnwatery where I almost had an accident at work. I think I started out with ibs C. But I've had this being in the bathroom so many times most of the time I've had ibs..which is like 5years.

#348199 - 07/18/09 09:36 AM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

If you have hyperdefication then it's IBS D. It doesn't mean you have to be breaking the for minute mile to get to the bathroom or have very loose Bm or even find it easy to pass.

I really think you need to go back to basics.

What were your symptoms pre diet change?
Have you been properly diagnosed with IBS?
How much SD do yo take a day and what else do you eat? I seem to recall you take a really large amount of SFS.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#348200 - 07/18/09 09:42 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

If you have seen GI doctor and you have had a colonoscopy from a GI doctor then one option left is to take control of your diet. If you have not had a colonoscopy and you have not seen a GI doctor then it would be best if you see one soon.

If you keep cheating on your diet and tell us about it then you are wasting your time and our time! And you are wasting your time look at BM and trying to figure out what is going on. There aren't any quick and easy solutions to IBS. However, you can be guaranteed than if you keep eating junk food and unsafe IBS food then you are not going to find much relief.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#348203 - 07/18/09 10:14 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

That is exactly what I told aperson serveral posts ago. McDonalds is not going to cut it.

#348204 - 07/18/09 10:16 AM

Unregistered

yes,I have been properly diagnosed. All the tests heather listed I had done..The doctor said I had ibs and wanted me to try amitiza..I remember it worked sometimes but when it got to the point that I just had some watery bm I quit taking it as I don't have time nor can afford accidents at work,plus die of embarassment. It's so hard to remember..I had infrequent bm's then too. I think I could eat more IF then. That's all I remember..Oh wait,I remember making no bake cookies that weren't ibs safe..and when I was still in high school I got reall bad pain for a minute that passed.

Yea as soon as I get the urge I go to the bathroom,but I dn't run..my bm's just slide out with a little push and after that there's still a hunk stuck inside that refusese without help. WEll I take fibercon capsules..anywhere from 2-8(8 maximum daily) I also put a small amount of acacia in my fennel tea..like 1/4 tsp or 1/2 tsp. I do that 2 or 3 times a day. I can post u what I eat..I started a diary..let me put this all on a separte post.

#348205 - 07/18/09 10:18 AM
Gerikat

aperson- It's called "incomplete evacuation" and it part of IBS. You are not the only one who deals with it.

#348206 - 07/18/09 10:22 AM

Unregistered

yea I forgot about that term,lol.

#348207 - 07/18/09 10:22 AM

Unregistered

I quit eating there.

#348209 - 07/18/09 10:55 AM
Gerikat

That is good news and a step in the right direction!!!

Re: who has lots of bm's a day but its not D?what I ate today new
      #348211 - 07/18/09 01:09 PM

Unregistered

bowl of chiken and dumpling variation with pepper and drank fennel tea after

pumkin cookie with 2 spoonfuls of soy ice cream on top

handful of baked lays and a couple tostito corn chips and fennel tea

a few bites of strawberry bread..a handful or 2 of baked lays

2 100% all natural pepermint altoids.

made a smoothie with a little watermelon,2 bananas,a couple strawberries, vanilla soy ice crea,8th continent vanilla soy milk.

and a small snack later,is that enough for today? I'm a size 7 pushing 8..I used to wear a 5 my goal is to wear a size 3 or 4.

Edited by aperson (07/18/09 01:10 PM)

#348415 - 07/25/09 04:38 PM
glasgowgirl

Hmm I would say your not eating enough right now. If your planning on losing weight you'd be better going with something more sustainable with more calories. I really find not eating enough makes my IBS worse and leaves me felling knackered. You also need to exercise to maintain a healthy weight.

I also think your taking way to much in the way of a SFS. I tend to find if I over do the SF I end up going to the bathroom more frequently not D or rgency just more often.

I also wouldn't chop and change your SFS dose. Suddenly increasing your dose can make you feel and lot more bloated. Check ot the taking acacia sticky for more info.

You might also want to lay of the soy and she if that decreases your gas. I've stuck to rice milk ever since I worked out that the soya was giving me trapped gas.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#348421 - 07/25/09 09:53 PM
glasgowgirl

Also you didn't eat a lot of SF foods. The fat in the lays/tosito/ice cream will need more calories preferably with SF food to make it safe.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 493 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7162

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review