All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
I'm a bad person :(
      #348019 - 07/13/09 09:37 AM

Unregistered

In the last 2 days I downed 3 unsafe donuts. I also ate some fries and ice cream at mcdonalds..Ya you can say I FELL OFF THE WAGON.

Between everything going bad at home and at work the last 2 weeks..and not getting enough sleep, I make myself worse...Does anyone fall easily if they don't constantly remind themself of goals they have or something that motivates them? 2 days ago I was telling myself, Following this diet is the only way I can move on to better things in life such as saving more money and getting out of this house full of people I"m tired of being around. Or feeling better and being able to do things rather than my ibs being a home job away from my money making job at night. Maybe I need to put some pictures in my purse I take to work to look at when I'm on break to motivate myself everyday so I never forget? I couldn't even write this without being in the bathroo twice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm a bad person :( new
      #348022 - 07/13/09 11:38 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Everybody falls off the wagon sometimes !

I think what you really should do is get a different job. Working at McDonald's must be incredibly tempting for you and if you can't resist their food then you shouldn't be there all together. The must be a store or a mall near where you live where you could get apply for another job, right?

Also, I think you need to think more about your future. Obviously living with your family is not making you happy and seems like a big stress factor in your life. Maybe if you started taking some classes then you could get a better-paying job and have a better chance of moving out of your home. You can take community college classes at your own pace, maybe just one or two per semester, in the afternoon so that you'd still have the mornings to yourself. They even have online courses. It may take you longer but at the end you would end up with an associate's degree and better chances reaching your goals. Yes, college and IBS are a challenging combo, but you shouldn't let IBS stop you from achieving your goals. Good luck !

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#348039 - 07/13/09 07:12 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Don't beat yourself up. Since I do not have pain/cramps, I do fall off sometimes, and pay for it in the AM within the next 2 days. I think if you experience much pain, it is easier to stick with it...let's face it, who wants pain.

#348044 - 07/14/09 06:48 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

You are not a bad person! I think Zara is right. You need to find a less tempting job and think about your future.

If it's any motivation, the DH and I are going back to school as well! He will be through with his BA in December, but we are both going to go back in the spring. I am going to start a few online classes this fall.

I'm excited about it! This gives me something to look forward too! You should find something that motivates you to look forward.

I fall off the wagon all the time! I promise!

Like the others said, don't beat yourself up! You are a good person, you just need a different direction in life, maybe.

I hope you start feeling better. Yesterday was BAD for me too, but today is going a little better.

HUGS!

Kappy

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#348048 - 07/14/09 07:59 AM

Unregistered

Actually I should have said,I haven't been on the wagon in years..I'll let u all know when its been even a couple days without bad food cuz It's like I want to feel better and refuse to change my habits. ALso I've heard its about substitution not depriving yourself. I still feel I'm deprived when I follow the diet becaue the food I can't have taste so good and the substituted stuff isn't as good tasting to me.

As for college,I am rally not a book smart,or that kind of smart..HIgh school was so tough for me and I can't remember a thing from it either. I'm just grateful to have my diploma..Even online college I wouldn't do I'd never get anything done when every couple minutes I'm in the bathroom or doing something to take care of myself. Like I swear I feel I can't even finish this post without going,Getting cramping pain..I almost had to stop typing just now. I am totally not interested in college and I can barley take care of my food and supplemnt expenses they way it is. I can't work enough hours because of ibs..so what I can do is stick to the diet and hopefully be able to get normal and work 2 or 3 extra hours a day.

#348052 - 07/14/09 08:49 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

It sounds like you are way to focused on the IBS. You have to try not to let it take over your life. If you always do what you've done, you will always get the same results. Right? You have to give yourself a good, strong chance with the diet, or how will you ever know how good you can feel? This diet is so far from deprived. Get creative. Take the foods/recipes you like and make them over to Heather's guidelines. McDonald's is not going to cut it...I'm sorry!

You have something to give to the world, and something that will make you happy, you just haven't found it yet. Keep searching!

#348054 - 07/14/09 09:22 AM

Unregistered

well so far today I resisted donuts I saw. My boyfriend makes me really happy and is a big reason why I want to do better. Also there is enough drama and stress and to deal with ibs would add more problems. I need to get a good book or find my ds games..Well if anyone knows a good book at wal mart,let me know cuz I'm going ther today. I haven't read a book in years.

#348056 - 07/14/09 09:28 AM
Kappy

That book "Romance, Riches, and Restrooms: A Cautionary Tale to Ambitious Dreams and Irritable Bowels" is really good and really funny for a person that can relate.

I mean, IBS isn't funny, but this memoire is great! The way the guy talks about his problems with IBS is just hilarious. It makes it easier to deal with, especially knowing other people are in the same boat.

I got it on Amazon.com, but you MIGHT be able to find it at Wal-Mart.

Have you ever tried to take up a hobby like painting or drawing? I paint almost every evening and it really relaxes.

Try exercising too, it's a great mood regulator, and it helps to boost your self-image! You can get some exercise DVD's at wal-mart. Take up Yoga or something to get your mind off the IBS and eating. Go to www.yogajournal.com for a list of yoga poses and in-depth directions on how to perform them.

I hope that helps! Keep trying, you'll figure it out one day!

Kappy

--------------------

#348059 - 07/14/09 11:03 AM

Unregistered

hey I already have some beach body programs and because as soon as I get up in the morning it hits me,the gas the being in the bathroom alld day and right now I'm pmsing,I just feel crappier when I'm pmsing,and I've been pmsing for almost 2 weeks. For some reason,sometimes the pills a week before the green ones,make me start my period and the green ones are the ones when your period is actually supposed to start.

I want to stay on my diet for 2 weeks or a month before exercising,wats the point when you start moving then feel so crappy and go sit down anyway? I only get relief when sitting down. It's weird I release gas and go to the bathroom when I'm in a sitting position and I just feel better.

#348060 - 07/14/09 11:55 AM
Kappy

Well, do what makes you feel good! That's the whole point in life (well, in a sense).

Just take it easy for a while, and when the diet starts to help, then try to exercise. I promise you will feel even better!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1356 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6032

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review