All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
BAD GAS AND CONSTAPATION
      #347862 - 07/08/09 08:19 AM
abbynormal8

Reged: 05/16/08

Things that are good for C like veggies, (brocollai, carrots etc-give me bad gas-I wonder what I can eat w/o getting gas- now artichokes which i love bother me- Have cut out wheat, garlic -onions, dairy- I practically am limited to rice crackers, rice and fish and poultry - some fruit( not acidy) ones. I just want to give up-Ido have IBS- had 5 colonoscopies- all normal- what I would give to eat and not suffer- I am at a low weight too.
I follow this diet very carefully- does anyone else still suffer this way????

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: BAD GAS AND CONSTAPATION new
      #347868 - 07/08/09 11:41 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

YES!!! Broccoli, onions, peppers, and garlic all give me horrible gas!

Try eating berries, bananas, applesauce, cooked carrots, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, peeled pears, peeled peaches, mangoes, V8 should be ok.

Try eating PLAIN foods for a while, you know like the ones Heather lists in the "what to eat when you can't eat anything" diet for 3-4 days then start adding the IF (berries, veggies, etc) back into your diet slowly. I eat a cup of berries everyday with breakfast and that helps me go, but I added them back in very slowly with a good SF base.

HTH

Kappy

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#347975 - 07/12/09 05:49 AM
abbynormal8

Reged: 05/16/08

HI Kappy- I don't know if I can privatae message you- you replied to a post about gas - do you follow this diet- to the T? Does it help? Does a MD Gastro Dr. diagnose this- or nutrionist?? I had to wait 2 months to get an appt. w/ my Dr,- he has become well known now ( on best lists in NY city) been going for years to him- have had 5 colonoscopies and tests just 1 month ago from another Dr for absorption problems- gluten insensitivity- etc- and all negative- but the past 2 months have been hell. Lots of stress going on- but the bottom line is - My tummy feels bad from lunch on- and specifically after eating a vegetable- any vegetable ( not even when it isn't the cruciferous family)- I am really scared- mainly i feel worse when lying down- when I move around it is better. What is that about??? I take Digestive Enzyme - have tried many different ones- no help- Beano- no help-
food combining( can someone give a simple example of that- there was a post recently that I couldn't begin to follow.- I would be willing to try that. I almost wonder who and where to turn. I live in NY - Westchester area/
Please help me find a way. I am so discouraged- have those of you who have constant gas been given meds ( SSRIS? or otherwise.

#348014 - 07/13/09 07:30 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I try to follow the diet as much as possible with added IF because I need it to "go". Gastro should diagnose this.

I have the same symptoms. Lunch is the most stressful time for me. It usually triggers my attack no matter what I eat. I have been doing better lately, but today I'm in so much pain I don't think I can work. Veggies are very hard on my tummy too.

Moving around keeps your bowels moving as well. Lying down is almost like putting bowels in sleep mode.

Digestive enzymes help from time-to-time, but they don't always help me.

The diet definitely helps if you limit your meals to 200-300 calories and follow fairly closely. Also, eat every 2-3 hours. This keeps something in your tummy. Bowels are most sensitive when tummy is empty.

The gas gets better after following the diet for a while. Just hang in there.

HUGS
Kappy

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6093 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1383

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review