All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Antibiotics in the hospital
      #347780 - 07/05/09 09:17 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I had a partial hysterectomy about a week and a half ago and was given two rounds of antibiotics. At the time I was a little nervouse they would make my urgency worse. I had them given to me on Thursday and ended up not having to even go to the restroom until Sunday. Hopefully that is a sign that they will not affect me in a bad way and so far I have been ok. Before I went in for my surgery I was taking a probiotic though for about 3 weeks or so prior so maybe that helped. I definately need to start them back up just for good measure. Has anyone else been safe taking antibiotics? I thought they would always have a bad affect on ibs.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Antibiotics in the hospital new
      #347781 - 07/05/09 09:27 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

It has been observed for that after taking an antibiotic frequently IBS will better for awhile. Frequently it returns later. The reason is unknown but some researchers have been interpreted this to lending credence to the fact that some types of IBS may have a bacterial origin.

What is the name of the antibiotics you were given?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#347805 - 07/06/09 08:34 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I'm not sure what they are I would have to ask my doctor. I had 2 rounds of them.

#347807 - 07/06/09 08:54 AM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Antibiotics are fungal poisons, and they cause yeast/fungal overgrowth. So, IBS symptoms could be an effect of that. An antifungal diet/supplements often helps with symptoms, if so. I would recommend taking probiotics any time you are on antibiotics. Even if not on antibiotics, I believe probiotics are helpful for our immune system.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1818 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1157

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review