All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Using fat in IBS diet new
      #346328 - 05/23/09 10:43 AM
kspan5

Reged: 05/17/09

Are digestive enzymes the same thing as probiotics? She is taking a good one, 1/4t. 2x/day (Primal Defense Kids)

--------------------
My 10 y.o. daughter not yet diagnosed with IBS - but the diet is keeping her alive (no help yet from docs!) Severe nausea, constipation only.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Using fat in IBS diet - IBS-Cs need Insoluble Fiber new
      #346329 - 05/23/09 10:49 AM
kspan5

Thank you so much for sending the recipe links ... I showed the chocolate ones to my daughter and she silently gave me a big hung around the neck with a smile. We're going to start baking now (she is so sick, thank you so much!)

--------------------
My 10 y.o. daughter not yet diagnosed with IBS - but the diet is keeping her alive (no help yet from docs!) Severe nausea, constipation only.

Digestive enzymes and probiotics new
      #346330 - 05/23/09 10:49 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Probiotics are not the same thing as digestive enzymes . Probiotics are friendly bacteria and digestive enzymes are a special kind of protein that breaks down food into small components.

Your body produces all of the digestive enzymes it needs except for enzymes that can break down certain sugars found in beans and other veggies. In order to assist with the digestion of these sugars the digestive enzyme Bean-0 will help. Also, if you have problems digesting lactose a sugar found in milk then the digestive enzyme lactase will help. Most of the other digestive enzymes sold in health food store will provide very little additional help in the digestion of food because your body produces all that it needs.

There a special medical conditions where your body might not be producing the right amount of a specific digestive enzyme then your doctor will prescribe this enzyme for you.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#346333 - 05/23/09 12:47 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Chocolate makes everybody smile! Here are some more chocolate goodies:

Anti-Depressant Brownies - I practically lived on these when I first started on Heather's diet.

Chocolate Pudding Brownies - I made these when I visited my non-IBS brother and he loved them so much he was microwaving them to have for breakfast.

Chocolate Silk Pudding - I hate double boilers so I make this very rarely but oh, my stars and garters, is this chocolate-y.

Better Than Hershey's Chocolate syrup - The name says it all.

Enjoy!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#346442 - 05/27/09 07:20 PM
kspan5

Wow. Those are awesome ... thank you! We're enjoying a batch of one of your brownie recipes right now It really helps to have that encouragement of "pigging out" on something delish (just a little pig-out, but even so)

--------------------

Re: Using fat in IBS diet new
      #346541 - 05/29/09 08:57 PM
busta

Reged: 05/14/09
Loc: san diego ca

what kind of digestive enzymes do you take? i was taking some but i found out they have sorbitol and manitol in them and they are not good for IBS.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 469 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4567

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review