All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anxiety Meds
      #344094 - 04/06/09 01:41 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

My gi doctor had prescribed me Lorazepam 1mg for my anxiety due to stomach problems.I am suppose to take one twice a day but I only take one at night cause it makes me extremely tired. Which to me I would rather be able to take it during the day when I really need it to be affective. Plus it seems that I get easily aggrevated when I take it. I don't know something just seems weird when I take it. So I stopped but my anxiety just drives me crazy. I am doing the cds but would like to take something to get it under control. Does anyone have suggestions of other meds I could try or what was your experience with this particular one? Thanks
---------------------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anxiety Meds new
      #344097 - 04/06/09 01:46 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

I use Ativan .5mg as well and only take it at bedtime, but have used it before a dentist appointment, or if I get really stressed, I will cut one in half or a quarter just to settle myself down. I would say try taking .5mg at bedtime, and see if that works well. I always try the lowest dose possible. I do feel, when I have an attack during the night and I feel that the Ativan may have worked to lessen the severity of the pain I have. I have horrible, labor type pain. I have tried other anti anxiety meds without any help. Amitryptaline (sp), Xanax, Nortryptayline, also for depression have tried, Adapin, Cymbatla, with no help, currently I am taking Prozac and am doing ok. I know Prozac is not the drug of choice for IBS-D, but I use whatever works!!

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Re: Anxiety Meds new
      #344128 - 04/07/09 05:45 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Ya try taking half a dose.I always crash too so i have to keep myself busy or i'm a goner.It really helps but i only take it if i really need it.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1659 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1831

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review