All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Antifungal Diet?
      #343846 - 03/30/09 01:01 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I don't know much about this type of diet but isn't it along the same lines as the atkins diet? Both diets eliminate carbs and surgar. I was just wondering if anyone could let me know the difference. Thanks
------------------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Antifungal Diet?Attn: Kim 123 new
      #343861 - 03/30/09 05:41 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

The "expert" on here is Kim123.
However, I know a lot about it - just don't stick to it!
An antifungal diet is no wheat, grains, (including corn, rice, oats....), no sugar,eliminates certain veggies like potatoes and corn (high sugar content), no fermented foods, no fruit - other than Granny Smith Apples, lemons and limes, and I'm not sure about dairy - mine was limited to yogurt...
Again - I'm sure Kim123 will have more info for you. For a good reference site, try Doug Kaufman's website: www.knowthecause.com HTH

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#343866 - 03/30/09 06:52 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06

Geez...I don't think I can live up to, or claim the "expert" status! GaGa...you are too much Actually, there are similarities to the 2 diets, but the Atkin's is much more restrictive. With the antifungal diet GaGa eluded to, you can pretty well eat all veggies except mushrooms (a fungus), potatoes and corn (a grain), fruits that are OK are berries, green apples, lemons, limes, fresh coconut, avocados...dairy such as plain organic whole fat yogurt, butter, and sparingly, real whipped cream, sour cream...all meats (except breaded)are allowed, such as poultry, fish, beef, NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS (that's different from the Atkin's, too)use Stevia (an herb)instead, if needed. Eggs are allowed, olive oil, raw nuts (no peanuts/pistachios..they commonly contain mold/fungus...another Atkin's difference). Absolutely no grains, processed sugar, yeast foods, alcohol, at least for the first while until you heal your gut.

knowthecause.com website pretty well lays it all out, and the science behind it. Look under the FAQ section.

Are you thinking you have a fungal problem? Have you ever taken antibiotics/birth control pills before?

I also took natural antifungals and still take probiotics, which I highly recommend.

#343883 - 03/31/09 08:09 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

The one and only time I took bith control pills was right after my third son 2.5yrs ago and 2 months into the pills is when all this started. I really don't know if it was the pills or something else. I was just curious about the diet cause if all else fails I will give it a shot. Thanks for all the info. Do you still eat this way or just taking the antifungal meds?

#343906 - 03/31/09 05:31 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08

Kim -
I may have asked you before, if so, excuse me in advance - the brain cells are on vacation (wish they would take the rest of my body with them! )....What probiotics do you take and any other supplements?
Thanks!!!!! - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#343931 - 04/01/09 03:14 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06

I still follow a modified antifungal diet. I try to be careful not to eat any yeast, but I do now eat pasta and some yeast-free millet bread, in moderation. I am not doing so well with the sweets, though. Everytime my daughter bakes, or a chocolate bar is brought into the house, I do indulge, but only in little amounts. I believe probiotics have been key for my wellness. I take Nature's Way Primadophilus Reuteri capsules. I tried at least 2 others before I settled on this particular brand. The others gave me gas and bloating. I try to eat more fiber than I used to, with either All Bran, Fiber One cereal (look for hidden artificial sweeteners in some of these cereals now), veggies, or something like that. I find it bulks my stools. And NO artificial sweeteners. I don't take the natural antifungals all the time, but I take them every so often for a period of time, just to get rid of any fungu/yeast that may be creeping in again.

About twice a year I go back on the phase one diet just to detox my body. I will probably do it next week, during my spring break. The thing about doing the diet is that within a week or so, you will know whether your condition is fungal related. You just start feeling so much better. It does take longer than 2 weeks, however, to completely get better. And, you have to change your lifestyle/diet, somewhat for the rest of your life. But to tell you the truth, I don't even want to eat the way I used to. I eat to life now, not live to eat.

Re: Kim new
      #355629 - 02/12/10 07:24 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Where do you find All Bran or Fiber one without artificial sweeteners?

These really help you? What else helps you?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4786 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3337

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review