All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Truvia, Sweet Leaf Sweetners
      #343257 - 03/14/09 06:43 PM
justnana

Reged: 03/14/09

Does anyone know if the new sweetners they are advertising are safe for IBS? They are made primarily from Stevia -- but have some other ingredients. The Sweet Leaf looks to be the best to me -- but has the fiber linulin in it....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Truvia, Sweet Leaf Sweetners new
      #343269 - 03/15/09 01:00 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Stevia with inulin gave me gas, bloating and D. Inulin is known to be IBS unfriendly. Look for pure stevia.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Truvia, Sweet Leaf Sweetners new
      #343274 - 03/15/09 07:40 AM
birtha

Reged: 02/05/09

wow! I did not know this! I have been using this. I will change now thanks!

stevia new
      #343288 - 03/15/09 05:39 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Now brand stevia is really great tasting. I would be sad if I couldn't buy it anymore. Also stevia powder is not the same thing as refined stevia. Stevia powder is just the herb dried and ground and it smells and tastes like hay. The packeted stuff is refined and is white and without aftertaste. When you see really cheap stevia, like in catalogs, it is often just the ground up herb.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: stevia/Attn: Little Minnie new
      #343295 - 03/15/09 06:54 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

What brand of Stevia? I tried the expensive powder of pure Stevia and I tried the liquid - both tasted terrible to me, with a bad aftertaste. I've been using the Truvia and love it - haven't noticed any more problems - than usual

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Re: stevia/Attn: Little Minnie new
      #343341 - 03/16/09 04:52 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Now brand. It comes in an orange box. You may have to look around for it. It is carried where I work but not in all our stores.
I got some of the liquid flavors for free but since I don't drink coffee I have nothing to put them in. I should give them away.
stevia packets

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 737 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2624

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review