All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Heather's Acacia Fiber new
      #37494 - 01/14/04 04:49 PM
angelfire

Reged: 12/09/03

Sa-WEEET Thank you for the info, Heather, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heather's Acacia Fiber new
      #39742 - 01/22/04 10:55 AM
angelfire

Reged: 12/09/03

Heather - your advice worked like a charm, by the way. I had been starting out with 1 tablespoon (yikes, no wonder I felt bad!)...I lowered my dose to 1 teaspoon and tried it with just plain cold water in a big glass, stirred it with a fork, waited for 30 seconds, stirred it again with the fork...BINGO! Thank you!

I swear, between the crunchy fennel tea and the flaky cranberry juice, I'm lucky my husband lets me out of the house, lol.

Glad that helped! Your posts are too funny. -nt- new
      #39792 - 01/22/04 01:52 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

UK new
      #39931 - 01/23/04 02:49 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hi Martin,

I've been away from the boards for a while, so I've only just seen your post.

First thing... have you seen a gastroenterologist? I saw one on BUPA, but you should get to see one on the NHS (which I agree is shiit!). Similarly, allergen tests should be available on the NHS. You could try getting a referral to an alternative doctor. I saw one years ago for migraines and had allergy/deficiency/etc tests done then. They could also help with giving up smoking and stress.

Thinking about the NHS, you can get a pre-paid prescription certificate which will save you loads. They're about £35 for 3 months and you can get as many prescriptions as you want. I use these to try and stock up. Go back for a new prescription before you've finished the last one.

Diet-wise, I've found that Heather's books and this site are the best source of info out there. Get the books and read them. This site is a fantastic source of recipes and help.

At the end of the day, a dietician can't help you if you're not helping yourself. You need to give up the junk food and start looking after yourself before there's any point in seeing someone like this. Harsh, but true.

Linz

Re: Intro and where to find Acacia Gum in the UK? new
      #41774 - 01/29/04 10:07 AM
Lynnie

Reged: 01/29/04
Loc: England

hi there Martin,
i just read your post, and just wanted to reply because I have exactly the same problem. I am a student, from Wales, studying in England, and I dread morning lectures. I sit through them, my stomach churning, but I do get through them.Its nice to know I am not the only one to have this bloody thing. Have you tried taking your Lopermide as soon as you get up? I have oats in the morning, and just try and go to the toilet as much as I can before lecture, and sit by the door in case I need to leave. I also have explained the problem to my lecturers, and they are very sympathetic, and say I can leave the lecture if necessary.
Stick in there kiddo,
Lynnie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4093

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review