All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
HELP HELP WHAT IS HAPPENING?
      #343142 - 03/11/09 04:07 PM

Unregistered

i've felt so bloated. when I bend over I burp and throw up yellowish liquid with brown stuff. Is it the cammomile or is some of it mucus with like poop residue? It tasted acidy it was hard to describe. Its not like actually throwing up,it doesn't really feel like when I have the flu. Its like its not coming from my stomach,its really hard to explain. Does anyone need me to take a picture of the brown stuff,I put some on a piece of toilet paper. It wasn't liquid more like liquid and snot like.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP HELP WHAT IS HAPPENING?... new
      #343148 - 03/11/09 05:06 PM

Unregistered

I hope someone can relate.

Re: HELP HELP WHAT IS HAPPENING? new
      #343150 - 03/11/09 05:38 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

No need for the pics. It sounds like a little bit of acid reflux. When you bend over, you put pressure on your abdominal region and that can cause anything that you may have just eaten or drank to come back up, if you will.

so what can I do to get better tonight? new
      #343151 - 03/11/09 05:43 PM

Unregistered

I need the best advice.It's unusual for me not to relese gas and I have hardly any to day..I know this acidthing has something to do with my ibs messed up today. Is it ok to take fibercon or will that mess me up? I need to at least be back to my old ibs self so I can be more normal self of having bm's everyday. I'm out of soy/rice milk,hopefully I make it to wal mart tommorow. Should I not have any pepermint tea or pepermint capsules today?

Re: so what can I do to get better tonight? new
      #343152 - 03/11/09 05:47 PM
osbo54

I don't know about the Fibercon, since I do not take it. If I have a day where I have a bit of reflux, I will usually take an over the counter med to relieve it. A note here: any kind of caffeine will make reflux symptoms worse.

As far as peppermint goes, I believe they say if you have reflux, be careful of peppermint. But, since I am only guessing that it might be reflux, I really couldn't say if it will affect you negatively.

If in doubt, check with your doctor.

#343153 - 03/11/09 05:54 PM

Unregistered

it has to be reflux, as I've been feeling acidic..when sometimes when fluids and gas move arond its acidy..I've had acid reflux problems before..I guess I don't know I have a problem till my breth or throat feels a little gross or acid comes up. Well I get ate 2 large tortillas with rice,lean chicken,soy sauce and stir fry sauce..what will get me back to normal the fastest? I don't think taking something unnatural like a pill is a good things right now for my ibs..now I know I shouldn't have eat the soy sauce or stir fry sauce..but is the minute rice and tortilla ok?

#343154 - 03/11/09 06:05 PM
osbo54

I know, you are right, it is not the best to take a pill. I usually try to avoid any triggers that I have for heartburn/indigestion or reflux. Since, I plan my meals a week in advance, if I know that I am going to have something that may trigger reflux, I will take a Prilosec in the AM. I just don't make it a habit to eat those things. That is the only medication I take once in a while, besides an occasional Immodium.

If this liquid gushes up into your throat, then I would bet it is reflux. I would definitely steer clear of those sauces.

thanks,but new
      #343155 - 03/11/09 06:20 PM

Unregistered

Is there anything I can do right now to make it better? or just sit around relaxing and it will go away?

Re: thanks,but new
      #343156 - 03/11/09 06:24 PM
osbo54

Sweetie, I really don't know. I know what I do when I am feeling poorly, but I can't tell you what to do. If you don't have to work at Mickey D's tonight, then just relax. It may take it a little time to pass. Be careful what you eat or drink for the rest of the night. Keep it simple. Maybe tea and toast. HTH

Re: thanks,but new
      #343157 - 03/11/09 06:37 PM

Unregistered

yes it helped. I'm also thinking maybe some trapped stool can make reflux worse? Or maybe because stool is mushy and my bathroom habits aren't the same,i'm just out of wack and then got reflux?

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4406 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3821

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review