All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
tummy fiber not dissolving
      #342850 - 03/05/09 08:51 AM
birtha

Reged: 02/05/09

It's not dissolving in water for me and it's very dificult to get down. I gag when taking it. any suggestions on how to help it dissolve better? TIA!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: tummy fiber not dissolving new
      #342852 - 03/05/09 09:00 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Most supplement stores have a bottle for mixing up protein shakes (I use mine for Acacia Fiber). There is a wire ball in the bottom of it that helps to break it up in the liquid. I got one at a GNC in town. I find that it is easier to mix the tummy fiber and water in one of these shakers than trying to use a fork.

I myself put the tummy fiber in oatmeals, chilies, soups, rice, anything that you can mix it up in. It's easier that way for me, that is. Hope this helps!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

How do you gals new
      #342860 - 03/05/09 10:20 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

....not get bloated and gassy from soluble fiber supplements? why can some people swear by them and other, less fortunate people have such bad reactions? I don't expect an answer...just venting my frustration over not having the same success as others!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Check the acacia sticky post at the top of this board new
      #342885 - 03/05/09 01:23 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

for full info/help for this.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Jordy, you really need to check out gut-directed hypnotherapy... new
      #342886 - 03/05/09 01:25 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I've been watching your posts for years now and have seen many, many people suggest this to you, and I have to agree. You're beating your head against the wall with your dietary worries and the only way I know for you to break that cycle is to tackle it directly with hypnotherapy just for IBS.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: tummy fiber not dissolving new
      #342896 - 03/05/09 03:37 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Did you ever try it in something other than water? I don't dig it in water so I take it in tea, with cereal/rice milk, in oatmeal, smoothies or in juice. You have to put the acacia into the container, add a little bit of liquid, stir til its a paste and then the rest of the liquid can be added and it won't be so clumpy. It works much better in cold liquid.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I agree, Jordy!!! new
      #343190 - 03/12/09 01:40 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Give it a shot!!! It's worth the money a thousand times over. You've struggled long enough! Good luck!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1222 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1987

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review